RADIX INSTALL

Good job, so far. :thumbs:  When you cranking it up?

It's running!!!

Thanks to the help of Vette Dude. :thumbs:

Got to get clean and eat...

Have a few pics, will post later tonight.

Ben, I'll check out the bumper mounts and let you know.

54907011.jpg

WW :smash:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's running great! :thumbs:

Today was getting the electrical and the fuel pump plumbed in.

When we started it with the stock PCM it idled remarkably smooth. Then ran the Superchips program and was shocked... :eek:

The update from Wester's will be sweet.

I have to work days through the weekend, I won't get to 'test' till next week. :(

Robert (Vette Dude) and I had a great time putting the finishing pieces together. It's nice to meet someone from the forum.

Besides, we got to talk about all you fine people! :jester:

Had to eat and took Michelle out to dinner, she had the ride of her life.

Do I need to do anything to bleed the intercooler or cooling system? We let it idle for a good 30 minutes slowly adding fluid with the caps off. Temps seem normal, no gurgling or odd things. Trans temp was 150-175 romping around in Houston rush-hour traffic and 95 degrees.

I'll keep an eye on things, it'll be next week before I can spend some time with it.

In the meantime, a couple more pics:

Fuse box wired.

54915881.jpg

Fuel pump installed.

54915886.jpg

WW :sleep:

Sounds like you got it! :thumbs:

Wasn't too bad, right? Sounds like you're ready to do a cam install. ;)

A 2600 or 3000 stall is waiting for you out there when you want to break those tires free :D Power is very addicting, as is modding. The feeling that you accomplished it yourself, slightly compounds that.

I knew I could do this, I've done engine/trans swaps, etc. Other than having the intake off the Buick I've never broken into an engine or anything this detailed/intense.

I have never touched a a serpentine belt in my life! :D

I'll look at having a shift kit installed next week, of course I need a converter.

I'm not playing with the transmission, too many little pieces to mix up or lose.

Then there's that plastic accumulator thing that should be replaced.

I looked at the pics closer, the h/e brackets and bummper bolts might be the same width. I'll check that out, brackets could be made to bolt it under there.

Thanks for all the support and especially Vette Dude for the extra pair of hands and mental encouragement... :rolleyes:

WW :cheers:

Great install! :thumbs::D nice pics

Cool you got some help, too. ( :thumbs: vette dude) If you can handle the Radix install, a shift kit shouldn't be too much trouble. You just have to take your time and follow the printed directions sheet. I had to do mine twice because of a buggered gasket, but eveything else went fine. lol, I didn't even use jack stands (no lowering yet), just slid under there and dropped the pan and valve body.

A converter install, on the other hand, is probably not for me. Dropping the t-case and tranny is a lot of work in a driveway or home garage.

:cheers:

Way to go, WW. :cool: ... :thumbs: Glad Robert was able to fill in as your "scrub nurse." Wish I could have been there.

i'm all excited now, just got papers to be a radix dealer....... hopefully i'll get to try this out once.

Don't forget to wear your Depends, young man. :D

Nice job! You should bleed the intercooler after about a week. There is a bleed valve on the hose connected to the intercooler resivor. Magnuson told me this after mine was installed. :cheers:

Way to go, WW. :cool: ... :thumbs: Glad Robert was able to fill in as your "scrub nurse." Wish I could have been there.

i'm all excited now, just got papers to be a radix dealer....... hopefully i'll get to try this out once.

Don't forget to wear your Depends, young man. :D

they just put newpaper under me when i get excited and start chasing my tail.

Archived