Boxster S

Lefty

I had fun with a Boxster S today. I started off behind him and he zipped out down the highway. I wanted to have a little fun so I floored it and went by him he caught up tom me and we went back and forth to about 95/96. Then, all of the sudden, the dude took off like a scalded cat...and I felt like I was driving backwards at 100. :wtf:

I didn't realize those things were that fast. :D

A 14 sec car is not that much faster off the line than the SS. I raced a 13.7 f-bod and with my 14.3 I was only 2-3 lengths behind at the 1/4mile mark. Most of that distance and time was lost after the 1/8th mile mark. Conclusion: AWD drivetrain drag plus 4.10 gears = not the best combo for racing from a roll at 80+mph.

The Porsche has better gears for 100mph fun... and a manual trans. I expect any lightweight sports car with a manual trans would be difficult to walk away from at those speeds.

I am with deezel on this one, 1/8 mile is great for out trucks but after that we can get killed by just about anything. I raced a 469HP AMG E55 mercedes at the track and i was pulling him by almost 2 car lenths a little past 1/8 mile then he just out MPH'd me at the end 94 to 101 but only beat me by .19 of a second.

I am with deezel on this one, 1/8 mile is great for out trucks but after that we can get killed by just about anything. I raced a 469HP AMG E55 mercedes at the track and i was pulling him by almost 2 car lenths a little past 1/8 mile then he just out MPH'd me at the end 94 to 101 but only beat me by .19 of a second.

Hey I remember that, you were pretty pissed. :lol:

I had a guy in a late 70's vette line up at a light to race today. He was reving the crap out of the thing and the light turned green and I was wondering where he went... Then I looked in the mirror. I think he smoked em too much and under estimated me. What do you think. It still felt like a good kill LOL ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Timb.

I was just curious because I accidentally ran across a Dodge forum. They claim that it's a toss up between the two trucks. All I know is that those guys are high on their horses about their "HEMI" trucks. Who knows? I think they are just trying to compensate for something small.

Thanks!!!

Timb.

I was just curious because I accidentally ran across a Dodge forum. They claim that it's a toss up between the two trucks. All I know is that those guys are high on their horses about their "HEMI" trucks. Who knows? I think they are just trying to compensate for something small.

Thanks!!!

It was essentially a toss-up between the standard-cab hemi Ram-1500 and the Silverado SS, with the SSS only slightly faster (less than 1mph and a couple of tenths in the quarter, if I remember right). The standard cab Ram weighs alot less than the SSS.

The quad-cab hemi Ram-1500, which weighs about the same as the SSS (+/- 50lbs), would not be a problem. I test drove a quad cab hemi Ram-1500 with the performance axle ratio and it definitely was not as fast as the SSS. On the top end without the drag of AWD and slightly better aerodynamics, the Ram hemi might be more even with the SSS.

Rick R

Archived