Need A Part Number For Idler Pulley

Black2003SS

The idler pulley bearing on the drivers side is sqealing like crazy. I removed it and sprayed it with some good silicon lubricant and the noise went away for about 2 days, but its back. I just need to replace the pulley. Does anyone know what the part number is? I cant recall if that is a stock idler from the silverado, its been so long since I installed my radix, I dont remember exactly what came with the radix and what was transferred over. Also, I might consider upgrading both idler pulleys, but I dont have a ton of extra cash at this time, looking for the least expensive route most likely. If a new idler pulley costs $100, but the aluminums are only like $150, I might consider it, but thats about my limit. I'm guessing a stock idler won't be that much though. To clarify, its the one underneath the supercharger pulley on the right hand side when looking at the motor from the front of the truck. Thanks.

Thanks. I'm going to swing by the junkyard in the morning and see if they have one lying around for cheap and order the aluminum pulleys anyways. I just for the love of gawd want the chalk board screeching to cease immediately. It sounds like a freaking 92 lumina Z34 with a bad bearing...lol.

Where can I look at those Brad? Also, would I need the spacers? Thanks.

yes..you only need one spacer for the right side..the one next to the alt....ReichardRacing.com

The idlers are listed as for a mustang i believe..they don't actually make them for our trucks..hence the needed spacer

I personally thinnk he makes the nicest set of SC Pullies here is a pic

147.jpg

I got the stock pulley replaced with a NAPA parts pulley for $19 a week ago. The stock pulley was really bad. The bearing was shot. I think it was robbing some power or causing belt slip and might have even caused my belt to jump off a couple weeks back. Now that the new pulley is on, the truck is much more repsonsive, smooth, and runs better. If that pulley was sticking or slowing down, I'm sure it was affecting the supercharger, however, I was not paying attention to boost PSI lately, so I dont really know.

I’m glad you got her back going and for minimal cost, but if you do ever decide to go the 100mm route, I would take the advice already given and get the pulleys from ReichardRacing or WestCoast32 off PT.net.

I have gone through a couple of the LFP units and while they replace them with no problem, it’s not worth the hassle in my book. It’s always the driver’s side pulley that fails, as there must be more load on it than the one the passenger side. The bearing comes loose in the pulley and it will start to wobble.

The Reichard pulleys and the ones from WestCoast32 have dual bearings and stand up to the load a lot better. I’m not sure, but the Innovators West pulleys may also have dual bearings.

I think he's looking for the thickness of the spacer you have to order from magnuson to make them work. Maybe he wants to try to come up with his own spacer for the pulley to work.

If thats what he meant then the I am using the same spacer I used for the metco pullies I used to run.