Supercharged Harley? Shouldn't they be stronger?

ssjonathan

Well guys...No BS....The truck was a crew cab and the wine that I heard must have been the supercharger. I haven't trully raced a Harley at the track, but up to 65 or 70 that one time I had him beat. It sure sounded like he was on it......And if he wasn't then I don't understand why he didn't blow my doors off :wtf: .....

oh well......

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your reaction time doesn't affect your E.T. You could wait for the green light to come on and sit there for 10 seconds and your truck would still run a 15.0, not a 25.0 sec. ET. The timer doesn't start when the light goes green. The timer starts when you cross the third beam. If you raced someone and both of you ran the exact same time, then the lower reaction time would win. That's how in heads-up racing a car with a slower ET can still win the race because the driver had a better reaction time. I think it is possible for you to have raced the HD truck and won, giving the circumstances you described. I have seen times for stock SS's range 16.0's to 14.6's and I am sure it is the same with HD trucks too. From my experiences cars/trucks don't usually run what magazines say they will at the track. Lots of magazines correct the ET's to compensate for track elevation and if traction is a issue, the magazine car is almost always aster because they use professional drivers. :cheers::chevy:

I was heading up a steep mountain 4 lane road and was passing off a few cars :cool: and then came up to a ford ext cab with 20" wheels on it. Not shure if it was a harley or not but it looked pretty new. Well when i got along side him he jumped on it a little to keep me from passing :wtf: and the slowed down and when i caught back up to him going the same speed. i heard him jump on it again and so did I. Well I smoked his aSS good. :thumbs: I shure i will see this truck again some time. I will have to find out if it was a HD truck or not . :seeya:

c/ya

163_0308_3way_7l.jpg

According to truck trend the SS runs a 14.99, a HD runs 14.39 and a RCSB Hemi runs 15.12 http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup...way/index6.html 14.60 was a time that I saw in a magazine and I'm sure it was corrected because my truck only ran a 15.29 w/ a Flowmaster and a CAI and my friends SS only ran a 16.10 (the slowest SS I've seen).

163_0308_3way_5l.jpg

Yeah it all depends on the truck you never know..I am about where you were....I am almos completely stock except for the exhaust and a few upgrades on air filters and such..My fastest is a 15.3, but that was with all the weight...tailgate down, spare and rear seat...so .....

hey by the way I will see ya Sat. at Super Chevy. I will try to be there around 10:30 or so

Just FYI on the Harleys, if it is a Club Cab, it isn't supercharged and very slow, if it is a 4 door Quad Cab, it is supercharged. I've seen them in the black, and in the silver color, both were 4 doors and supercharged. The Club cab's only come in the black. Then there is the 04 harley which is a F250 Turbo Desiel and not very fast.

Tony

Archived