Supercharged Harley? Shouldn't they be stronger?

ssjonathan

I have a interesting question. There is no doubt the Lightning trucks are fast and very quick. The Harley Davidson Ford is also supercharged!! I have been wanting to be beside a Harley Davidson Ford at a traffic light for months, and I got my chance a few days ago. Besides a few exterior changes and a true Flowmaster 40 series exhaust I am stock. At the light I really didin't punch it at first, but he spun the tires a little and you could hear the supercharger wine. I stomped it and took him by about two car lengths up to about 70 MPH and I kept gaining. We slowed down because we were intering the city limits where cops are ticket hungry :fume:

I was very impressed with the my stock SS. Any ideas as to why the Harley Davidson is so much slower, besides the obvious added weight of the extended cab? :chevy::chevy::chevy:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure it was a blown version? The earlier versions were not blown. If it's an extended cab, then it's not blown. The blown version was a crew cab.

Anyway, they can be beat in a 1/8 mile race, but any more than that and the SS will get hit with that 3rd gear slow down.

I don't know, he might not be making up stories.

I was over at the Texas Motorplex and John Force was testing his funny car and I asked if I could run the SS against his car and I really thought those funny cars were faster. I think I beat him by at least four truck lenghts......... :jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester::jester:

Stock Blown Harleys run 14.6 in the quarter. They beat the SS but not by much. If the guy was slow on the draw and spun his tires and a short race I beleive him. Beyond 70 he will catch you and go by.

Archived