Bad News Guys

mcmahan

Well guys/gals just found out my Grandmother has cancer. Don't have the details just yet but I will with in the next couple days. All I know is that the cancer is in her spine in several spots. She had breast cancer a 20 years back and lost one of her breast and made a full recovery. Now she is in her 70's and not as strong as she use to be, so I am very concered not only because she is my Grandmother but my daughter lives with her because my daughter wants to be home with her fam. So now my daughter is coming back up with me and Lara(which I am happy about) but life is really gonna change for us as a whole family trying to support her.

Wish us the best of luck through this journey its gonna be long one. I will keep you all filled in as I get more info. Mabey some of you have know someone who has gone through this and give me some hope and something to look forward too.

thanks yall

Justin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man, sorry to hear about that Justin. Hopefully she can recover and pull through to be around another 20 years. She sounds like a fighter and a survivor. My heart goes out to you and your family bro. If you need anything, I'm here for ya brother.

I am so sorry to hear about this Justin. It brings back memories of my grandfather who purchased my SS for me after I took care of him for 2 years (terminal cancer in lungs, brain and spine). All I can say is spend time with her, I do not know if it is operable but I pray that it is. You are in my thoughts and prayers for sure, you helped me out last time and I owe you one. The thing my grandfather enjoyed most was specifically my company, wether it was just eating a burger from McDonald's or watching the Red Sox break the curse of 1918 together in 2004. I know you have your hands full with your job, I can only suggest to spend as much time as you possibly can with her. I will never forget my grandfathers smile when I walked into his apt. at the assisted living spot to eat that burger or watch that game.

She is in my prayers along with you and your family.

Thanks for the words of encouragment guys i am still in shock i sat in my SS for about a 1 1/2 just thinking about stuff my wife is at work so i really have alot of time to think about things

again guys thanks so much. I am going home next week for 14 days first time back in 2 years excited about going home but not on these circumstances. So I am going to have to find someone to baby sit the SS for me while I am gone oh and the dogs too lol.

again guys thanks so much. I am going home next week for 14 days first time back in 2 years excited about going home but not on these circumstances. So I am going to have to find someone to baby sit the SS for me while I am gone oh and the dogs too lol.

on a little lighter note, you can drop the ss right off at my house with keys and a full tank of gas...lol, i hope all goes well my friend