new circuit for Radix folks

Heat soaking the intercooler is one of the most performance limiting problems with the Radix. I designed a simple circuit that keeps your intercooler pump running for about 10 minutes after you turn your key off. This should help pull some of the heat out. I just finished constructing the circuit, but I haven't tested it on the truck yet. I'm looking for volunteers to build, test, and provide feedback. All parts are Radio Shack parts. Could someone post the circuit for me? PM your e-mail to me and I'll forward the schematic to you to provide a link for everyone else. I'd like to publish this circuit in part 2.

The circuit will be posted shortly. The left portion of the figure is the original radix circuit for the intercooler pump. The right side is the modified circuit. The relay is the square in the middle. The Radio Shack part numbers are in ()'s. The 470K resistor and the 1000uF capacitor form an RC that keep the MOSFET on for about 10 minutes after you turn the key off. You can increase the capacitance or resistance (not much more) to keep the pump on longer. Decrease the capacitance or resistance to keep the pump on a shorter time.

That's a cool idea :thumbs: . I have a jumper wire on mine that runs the pump and electric fans on the heat exchanger. But if you forget about the jumper wire, you come back to a dead battery :eek: an electronic timer would be much better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

If you look at the properties for the missing image, it shows it was hosted on this site as an attachment. Site admins probably pruned down old threads to save space.

If anyone has this pic (CHP), I'd like to try the mod.

Thanks

Richard

Archived