Some Lowering Question

notch331

I have the McGaughys 2/4 drop kit with the torsion bars loosened up an inch for total of 3/4 drop. I have not had any problems with the kit but lemme tell you the ride is super super stiff and is extremely hard on bumps/potholes. It turns like a champ and it feels like the center of gravity is where it should be. I love feeling like I could turn at super high speeds for a pickup and have little to no body roll. But for daily driving its really hard and stiff as hell.

So in my opinion, its up to you. Do you like the look of being lowered and feeling like you are driving a NASCAR truck and having exceptional handling capability, or do you like the truck riding like a Cadillac!?

:jester: I guess it all depends...but what did you buy a super sport for anyways if you're not gonna have fun!?

Hatchetss have you had any problems with the front shafts from turning the keys down an inch,any vibartion/humming in the front...an do u have any pics of ur truck lowered that u could pm so i can see how low it is..not to be a pain in the ass i just wanna make sure that its wat i really want too

I bought/installed the belltech front keys, rear shackles, and the nitro drop shocks. I also cut off two nubs from the front bump stops. Truck rides terrible, but looks and corners great. I read a previous post stating to drill holes in the bump stops, to smooth out the ride, will try it this weekend. Bought the parts from stylin trucks, around $500 bucks, took a couple three hours to install, then had the alignment checked (with the belltech drop you can still use the factory alignment specs).