Optima

wopc69

all I can say is that optimas are junk. I went through 4 in my cherokee all within 2 years. I had the yellow top version. There are definitely better batteries out there for the price, but stay away from optima. I even got my yellow top for 108, but wouldnt pay that again for it.

all I can say is that optimas are junk. I went through 4 in my cherokee all within 2 years. I had the yellow top version. There are definitely better batteries out there for the price, but stay away from optima. I even got my yellow top for 108, but wouldnt pay that again for it.

i would only run a gel cell battery... i only experinse with the napa gels but i go thru them about every 6 month but napa just changes them out with no problem... so ill probably never buy another battery...

I got a yellow top, but with 4000 watts RMS on your stereo, it only last 5 min's of playing! Try Kinetik, they are absolutely the best battery you can buy for your car! When I get a few extra $$ I'll grab a couple http://www.kinetikaudio.com/

$800 for a effin battery ? This is exactly why I left my Stereo stock Bose..

I have had a Optima yellow top in my 64 Impala since 2003. Granted it spends most of the time on a battery tender, rather than the daily start up routine, but 7 years, even in storage charge, is doing pretty good. I also have an Optima in the SS, but that has only been about 3 years.

I have a red top Optima in my Firebird without any problems and just recently put in a yellow top in the SS cuz my old one was going bad and I need a performance batt for my stereo system. So I reccommend Optima myself cuz Ive nver had any problems out of them.

I have a yellow top in my 72 and haven't had one problem with it. With a normal battery, it would crank over real slow after it had been running a while due to heat soak, but the Optima cured that. Same goes for cold weather starts. I've heard of some people having problems with them, but it's usually due to some sort of charging problem. As soon as the SS needs a battery, rest assure it will get an Optima.

I just got two red tops. I put one in the SS and i could tell a huge difference in the starting power. I also did the "Big 3" upgrade. I scored another red top that is a top and side mountfor free from a guy at the parts store that said the side mount terminals don't work right. The top terminals work though.

I had 2 of them in one of my trucks with a full blown system. I sold that truck without the system and kept both batteries. The next truck I just put one in it and put the other back in the garage. About 3 yrs later the battery gave up. So went to the garage got the other thinking that this one sitting here for 3 yrs won't do anything. Put it on the truck and it fired right up just like a new one, no grunting or anything. I used it for about another 3 years in the truck before I bought the SS. I let it go with it because I didn't have anything to replace it, if I would of had another I would of kept it. So if you ask me would I own one, the answer is YES SIR I WOULD!!!!!!!!! Actually I took the battery out of the SS and bought a yellow top to put in it. They say not to put a battery on a concrete floor because it will drain them, don't know if that's true or not. If it is then that battery sat on the concrete floor for 3 yrs with no problem. I'M SOLD. :thumbs: