Cavs Vs Lakers

jlight

I've been watching a lot of basketball lately, ncaa and nba. The only nba team I saw in person was the lakers, my gf at the time had floor tickets (I prolly should of held on to her :uhoh: ) so ever since I've really liked the lakers. Something about King James makes me annoyed although I still think he is super sick. Maybe he just talks to much, who knows. Who do you guys think is better- the cavs or the lakers?

CAVS!!!!!!

Although Lebron does talk some, there are plenty others that talk more and do less.

Atleast he doesn't cry to the refs up and down the court when he thinks he got fouled like Kobe.

In all honesty I think the Cavs will be very hard to beat in a 7 game series this year. But then again I thought that last year too.

CAVS!!!!!!

Although Lebron does talk some, there are plenty others that talk more and do less.

Atleast he doesn't cry to the refs up and down the court when he thinks he got fouled like Kobe.

In all honesty I think the Cavs will be very hard to beat in a 7 game series this year. But then again I thought that last year too.

typical LAKER HATER!! LAKERS FTMW!!! cavs will choke again in the playoffs where it really matters.

DONT FORGET WE ARE STILL THE CHAMPS :D

typical LAKER HATER!! LAKERS FTMW!!! cavs will choke again in the playoffs where it really matters.

DONT FORGET WE ARE STILL THE CHAMPS :D

That's right, we are still the champs- I hope this resonates to Queen James :P

I'm not saying that the Cavs wil win it all but as for who is better right now the Cavs are. Their overall record, and their record against the Lakers (2-0).

They can choke again this season in the playoffs, but whos to say that Denver won't put out L.A. ?

Yes the Lakers are the champs, but to me they aren't playing with the I want to be the champs again mentality. Last year they wanted to be the champs that they weren't since 02.

Just my .02

I'm not saying that the Cavs wil win it all but as for who is better right now the Cavs are. Their overall record, and their record against the Lakers (2-0).

They can choke again this season in the playoffs, but whos to say that Denver won't put out L.A. ?

Yes the Lakers are the champs, but to me they aren't playing with the I want to be the champs again mentality. Last year they wanted to be the champs that they weren't since 02.

Just my .02

we are barely half way of the season,when the playoffs starts it doesnt matter who did what in the regular season all that is out the door.i guaranty you that when the po start the lakers are gonna be a different team, they are going to be in playoff mode and its gonna be ugly LAKERS BABY!!!!!

Ive watched 45 out of the 54 games the lakers have played this year... I missed a few while I was in Japan, damn it. So yes, I am a big fan. King James is a phenominal player, regardless of liking the cavs or not... he is young, strong, and extremely talented. He is a physical player to say the least.

Kobe, is also a great player, my fav in the NBA... however he is not a spring chicken anymore, and this year has been tough on him injury wise - an evulsion fracture in his shooting hand, back problems, ankle sprain as of late, speaking of which he has been out for a few games as of late for his ankle; missing games is NOT something for #24.

As for the Cavs and the Lakers in the Finals?? The cavs need to get past a few teams - the Magic, the Celtics, and Atlanta (who have more wins than the celts actually). But the Cavs are on a 13 game winning streak, something to be wary of this late in the season.

In the west our biggest threat is the Nuggets, with Dallas close behind. We got worked against the nuggets the last time we played them, even tho Carmelo was out for injury - Billups is too much of a threat from outside - bastard!

Thursdays trade deadline is looming, and while we want to get rid of Vujacic, NO ONE really wants him (sad)... plus the Mavericks picking up Caron Butler and the Cavaliers and Celtics rumored to be after All-Stars like Amar'e Stoudemire and Antawn Jamison has made the Lakers feel forced to pull off a trade of their own.

The Lakers would love to acquire Devin Harris from the Nets, but that isnt likely and now a three team deal would potentially send Kirk Henrich over from the Bulls, in exchange for Adam Morrison, and Vujacic going to Portland...

All in all, as much as I love the Lakers, this year is not going to be as cut and dry as last year, especially since Kobe is injured and the east is fairly injury free. The road to the finals will be a tough battle all said and done... we'll see what happens on thursdays trade deadline.

Thursday night against Boston should be a real test of fortitude for the lakers... can they pull off a big win at home? Is this a prequel to the finals? I know I will be watching... tonight we play the 3rd worst team in the NBA - GSW... Kobe is rumored to return, but if I were Phil i would make him rest up for thursdays battle at home.

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Lebron James - big talk and ball hog, yet he is finally learning how to be a team player (Shaq prolly slapped the $hit outta him and told him whats up). I was the same year high school graduating class as LJ and wish I could have played his hs team in b-ball. I played a kid in soccer and he went to MLS and I shut his $hit down in a scrimmage, he kept crying to the ref everytime I knocked him on his ass.

Kobe - has learned to be a team player yet I cant stand him because of his past just like Tiger Woods.

Lakers for the win between these two teams. I think Atlanta might hold a big surprise for everyone come playoff time this year, they are hungry and want the win.

Go Celtics (even though we will not win this year, not even close to 100% health and they are not hungry like Atlanta is).

Being a team player is a funny comment. Lebron has almost double the assists as Kobe, and he handles the ball cause that is what a good player should do. He has the ball then sees what the def does and makes a decision to keep or dish it off. He has taken 66 less shots than Kobe ( 51 games, 1143 shots) Lebron (54 games, 1077 shots.)

As for the Cavs as a team they have been without two starters for the past month and some, and during this time they still managed to win 13 straight games.

Being a team player is a funny comment. Lebron has almost double the assists as Kobe, and he handles the ball cause that is what a good player should do. He has the ball then sees what the def does and makes a decision to keep or dish it off. He has taken 66 less shots than Kobe ( 51 games, 1143 shots) Lebron (54 games, 1077 shots.)

I must point out that Kobe would not walk off the floor when his team lost a playoff series without shaking some hands, contrary LJ does (sore loser).

Lebron should have more assists due to the fact Kobe is injured and LJ handles the ball just as much as his guards do :nonod: , that is why I said he is a ball hog. Its the Guard's job to see what the defense is doing, not Lj's/forward. And if "the King" can see what the D is doing so well, why cant he help with a pick or getting himself/other players open? Maybe they should just change him to a guard for his career and I would respect his ball handling so much. I like to compare Kevin Durant and LJ, that is what I am trying to prove. LJ is only slowing down the progression of his guards. Look at Rajon Rondo, he has progressed amazingly the past 2 years from being an unkown to an all star with the help of his whole team and Doc Rivers. Yes Paul Pierce and Ray Allen have handled the ball a good amount, but they handled during key situations (like if the game was on the line).

If LJ leaves Cleveland for bigger $$$, will you still be a fan? I question his loyalty also, but only time will tell.

I respect your info and opinion 100% :cheers: