NORTH DALLAS BLACK SS STOLEN

SPEEDCRAVIN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a good feeling to have any of your property messed with or stolen. I think in this case even if you had On-star, Lo-Jack or whatever, by the time you found it was gone it might of been too late. Who knows. You can just try your best to lock them up and try to keep them safe. If the thief really wants it, they will get it.

I hope it all works out for you but I am guessing that for sure you will be out the cost of the parts in the back seat. Sorry.

Yeah, at this point I'm just hoping that I can recover enough from insurance to get another truck. It only had 10,000 miles on it and I know I don't I have enough equity built up to make out good if they only pay me what it is worth. I am just hoping that they pay me on what it will take to replace, at least the truck!!

thanks guys, JOSH

How did you hollow out the muffler? Did it give you any gains?

Thanks and good luck

Yeah, I felt a gain!!!! What I did is take the cat-back section off, *I have lifts at work* and set it face down, cut the heat sheild off the top, cut the top of the muffler off and pealed it back like a sardine can, then took a sawsall and cut the insides out, welded it all back togeather and installed it back!! WALLA!!! It worked great! I love the sound, not to loud and I get people asking me all the time what kind of a kit it is. The only draw back I had was that when I was towing a big load at around 75 mph it had just a little droan noise. This wasn't bad enough to make my wife complain though!! Just imagine the same sound that the stock exhaust has with balls!! I think you would like it, especialy if you are thinking of installing a 400 or 500 dollar cat-back system. Try this first, it is free!! You have nothing to loose!!

JOSH

How did you hollow out the muffler?  Did it give you any gains?

Thanks and good luck

Yeah, I felt a gain!!!! What I did is take the cat-back section off, *I have lifts at work* and set it face down, cut the heat sheild off the top, cut the top of the muffler off and pealed it back like a sardine can, then took a sawsall and cut the insides out, welded it all back togeather and installed it back!! WALLA!!! It worked great! I love the sound, not to loud and I get people asking me all the time what kind of a kit it is. The only draw back I had was that when I was towing a big load at around 75 mph it had just a little droan noise. This wasn't bad enough to make my wife complain though!! Just imagine the same sound that the stock exhaust has with balls!! I think you would like it, especialy if you are thinking of installing a 400 or 500 dollar cat-back system. Try this first, it is free!! You have nothing to loose!!

JOSH

Thanks and once again good luck

OK GUYS, I need some help?? My insurance told me that they are going to go off the value of the market of my truck for the reimbursement. I found that Kelly Blue Book has it valued at 31,895 and I owe a lot more than that so they told me that if I can find some quotes for more than that I could build a case to prove that they are going for more. I have checked E-bay and don't find any going for more than that!! Any info anyone runs across,PLEASE help me know and let me know where to find that informantion!!!

Thanks, JOSH

look on autotrader.com

there are a few listed in the DFW area and they are priced at 30,000 to 33,500. not sure if it helps your case but the price that your insurance company is quoting seems right on the money. GAP insurance is well worth the extra few dollars sometimes. i don't have it on my truck since my balance is somewhat less than the market value but for as little as it costs i did get it on my little honda since i carried over five thousand dollars on my trade. good luck.

Sorry Josh, it's a sick feeling I'm sure. When I had my stereo stolen out of my pathfinder it was bad enought much less than my entire truck.

Keep in mind everything happens for a reason though. Good or Bad.

Yeah man Onstar will use GPS and track your vehicle down and you will find it, and if you dont have it, sign up for it .  then you can get the thief.  But the thiefs have good taste.  Shame on you for making your truck so nice.

It will turn up. :thumbs:

The same jerks that steel the vehicle can disconnect Onstar in seconds.

sorry to say Onstar is useless when it comes to professional thieves.

My parents Denali was stolen in Canada and it sucks.,

Good luck to you man. What about Gap insurance of a total complete loss. Shouldn't you have that? I would think your insurance should pay for what you owed.

Ok, its wednesday and I have finally got an adjuster to make contact with me reguarding whats going on. He said that his company has had massive claims filed in the last couple months about the 2004 and 2003 *SS's* being stolen. He did say that if everything goes as well as it could that everything could be settled in 10 to 12 working days.... We will see, I'm not holding my breath!!

On another note, I went to Reliable Chevrolet on highway 75 to look at thier SS's, and I could not find any. I was disapointed because when I bought my wifes 03 Z71 Tahoe there last year they had 5 or 6. The salesman told me that they had 4 but the got stolen last friday, ****the same night mine gote stolen** He told me that they took all 4 and were caught on camera but can't tell who they are, no discriptions at all. He said that they have wide view lenses to look over all the stock. The SS truck line was backed up with the Joe Gibbs trucks just behind them. From the time the people came into view of the camera, walked to the back of the trucks, took off the tailgates off the Joe Gibbs trucks, threw the tailgates in the back of the SS's, *****pulled out keys*****, got in the the SS's and drove off, it only took a total of 23 seconds!!!!! Yes I said that correct, *****23 seconds*****. He also told me that same night that 2 other dealerships got the SS's taken from there lots here in the DFW area!!!

This tells me a couple things. One is that these people are pro's. Two it tells me that they are having someone from the inside cutting keys off VIN#'s. So I am thinking someone from the dealerships!!!

Just heads up on what has been going on in the area!! I really do hope none of you guys have the same thing happen to you. It hearts I know, this truly was my dream truck!!!

JOSH

Archived