NORTH DALLAS BLACK SS STOLEN

SPEEDCRAVIN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This tells me a couple things. One is that these people are pro's. Two it tells me that they are having someone from the inside cutting keys off VIN#'s. So I am thinking someone from the dealerships!!!

dont know about texas law but here in n.y. you can not just walk into a dealer and give

them a vin. number and tell them that you lost your keys. law here is that you need to

show prof of onership and id of who you are. the dealer i go to has a 3 step policy on keys replacement, parts mang. must take all paper work to service mang. who checks

to make sure everthing is in order then thay take it to the dealership mang he checks and after he happy and sighns off on it then the keys will be cut.

with all that keeps employes honest and very hard for inside jobs maybe more states should have laws like this maybe your truck would still be with you and outhers that have been stoler.

maybe...just maybe... we wouldnt have to pay these DAMN HIGH COST!!!!! for insurancs :fume:

good luck :seeya:

This tells me a couple things. One is that these people are pro's. Two it tells me that they are having someone from the inside cutting keys off VIN#'s. So I am thinking someone from the dealerships!!!

dont know about texas law but here in n.y. you can not just walk into a dealer and give

them a vin. number and tell them that you lost your keys. law here is that you need to

show prof of onership and id of who you are. the dealer i go to has a 3 step policy on keys replacement, parts mang. must take all paper work to service mang. who checks

to make sure everthing is in order then thay take it to the dealership mang he checks and after he happy and sighns off on it then the keys will be cut.

with all that keeps employes honest and very hard for inside jobs maybe more states should have laws like this maybe your truck would still be with you and outhers that have been stoler.

maybe...just maybe... we wouldnt have to pay these DAMN HIGH COST!!!!! for insurancs :fume:

good luck :seeya:

Yeah that happens alot by me in Queens N.Y. just last month they stole six escalades. Ethier they use a flat bed or a cutting keys all you need is a buddy in the chevy dealer. Thats why I got my vin number in the window covered with a card and on my registration I scrathed the vin number out and I never let anybody in my truck If I am not there. Be carefull out there theres a lot of $cumbags out there cover your vins up to be safe. :thumbs:

I filled out all the paper work last night and am over nighting it all with both keys to the insurance company today... Right now all I can do is play the waiting game. I did get a couple of the dealerships to give me a pretty high quote for replacing it that I have sent to the insurance company also. Maybe that will help to recover a little bit more money from them!!!!

Thanks for all the support guys,JOSH

i know im late on this..but i was gonna mention that it would be practically impossible to just steal an ss without the keys wouldnt it?? when i bought my truck it was explained to me that without the keys to that particular truck the fuel system would shut off and the truck couldnt be started...therefore making it virtually impossible to take without a tow truck. maybe it was explained to me wrong or i misunderstood...but thats what i was told. so it makes sense for them to have had the keys...just sucks that you were the victim...i feel for ya hun. good luck. :sigh:

Yeah man Onstar will use GPS and track your vehicle down and you will find it, and if you dont have it, sign up for it .  then you can get the thief.  But the thiefs have good taste.  Shame on you for making your truck so nice.

It will turn up. :thumbs:

The same jerks that steel the vehicle can disconnect Onstar in seconds.

sorry to say Onstar is useless when it comes to professional thieves.

My parents Denali was stolen in Canada and it sucks.,

Good luck to you man. What about Gap insurance of a total complete loss. Shouldn't you have that? I would think your insurance should pay for what you owed.

Yup, when you buy an XM radio to install in these 99+up trucks, it will tell you the fuses to take out to disable.... there is more than one, but thugs can memorize fuse placement..... :fume:

Ok these are getting stolen to close to home..... I think when I get back I will make a fake VIN plate to lay on mine. This might delay them a few more seconds if they are having keys made :jester: Or maybe I'll just trade it in on a Ford. Not even a thief wants a Ford truck.

wow buddy , I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you :shakehead:

I know you loved that truck .

In the mean time I know where a nice little maroon pontiac vibe is for sale . Hell , maybe i will let you borrow it as long as you promise to park it with the windows down and the keys in it :jester::lol:

In the mean time look around on the net and if you find a SS in Arkansas or Mo. I will be happy to deliver it to you :devil:

Well, it has been a hard road dealing with insurance, dealerships cops and everything that goes along with all that drama!! I went and looked at a couple trucks this weekend, havn't found any black ones yet.

All this crap sucks!! One good thing is that my wife has been real good through it all. She even got real cross with one of the salesmen that was trying to strongarm me into a differant truck.

No word on any of the trucks that where stolen!!

JOSH

that is just messed up. way to many SSs getting stolen. if i ever caught someone try to steal my SS i would take care of them the old fashion way right on the spot. you can mess with me or anything else but screw with the stuff that i have worked for...then you are asking for it....

SpeedCravin,

I am feeling your pain right now I live in North Dallas and bought my SS from Reliable Chevrolet and am freakin out right about now reading what you have been going through. If any SUM BITCH comes near my truck I will put them down... Both Barrels know what I mean. Freakin A Holes thinking they have a right to your truck. PM me if you need anything I am close to where you live so if I can help you in any way please don't hesitate to contact me...

Keep your chin up buddy

ssblackss

Archived