Hypertech Programer

nds429

I know this question has probably been asked before but. What settings are recomended for the hypertech max energy programmer?

I am going to adjust my 2008 Silverado 4.8 and I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions or recomendations. If any of you guys have programed your truck give me some feedback as to the settings. See what the best results are.

Thanks.

:withstupid: There probably isn't a wealth of knowledge for hypertech programmers because they are over priced crap for the most part and we all go custom tune..way more bang for your buck

That being said about the best way is just make adjustments and drive and see what shift points etc...give you the best results

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

sell that piece of crap. its not worth it, u cant get everything like u need. sell it for like 200 and get a custom tune, some dumb person will buy it in no time lol

not calling u dumb for having it but unexperienced ppl buy those handhelds thinking they will do what is needed.

Charlie Wheatley, Justin (Black Bear Perf), and Zippy are the guys to go with around here. I had Charlie tune my truck and i love it! So so sooo much better than the Hypercrap i had on my old 5.3L.

Check out the link in my sig for Charlies website and contact info!

Edited by zachm89 (see edit history)

Hey thanks. So does what custom tuner do you guys recommend? and how much do they run for?

i asked my tuner about the hyper-tech when i bought my truck and he told me to come to his shop and he would give me a way better tune for less money... couldn't be more happier.....G L

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

If you insist in using it set your rev limiter to 6500 and shift points to 6100/6000/6000. Do the increased line pressure and set the speed limiter as high as it will go. Overall though I hate to say it, but you aren't gaining anything more than likely. Every hand held I've dyno tested lately has either lost hp over stock or been absolutely no more than 3RWHP gain. The last Hypertech I tested was -1RWHP over the stock tune. Other than the better shift points you won't gain much.