How To Lower My Silverado Ss

xtremewhite99

What is the problem with the McGaughy's spindles and rear hangers and shackles. Everyone on the Denali board seems to love them.

Belltech spindles, Slight key adjustment, Belltech rear leafs, Belltech shocks.

Do NOT use shackles, or any DJM or Mcgauphys Garbage....

all IMHO of course.. :)

I used all Beltech parts. 2" spindles and turned the torsion bolts 5 turns to get 3" in the front, hangers/shackles in the rear for 4". Still rockin the stock shocks, but eventually ill get drop shocks just havnt made it a priority with the other things I have goin on. Im also going to c-notch the frame too.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard better alignment with McGaughys spindles than Beltech?? Like I said not sure how true that is, mine aligned just fine

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

I used all Beltech parts. 2" spindles and turned the torsion bolts 5 turns to get 3" in the front, hangers/shackles in the rear for 4". Still rockin the stock shocks, but eventually ill get drop shocks just havnt made it a priority with the other things I have goin on. Im also going to c-notch the frame too.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard better alignment with McGaughys spindles than Beltech?? Like I said not sure how true that is, mine aligned just fine

Ive never had 1 problem with belltechs. for 3 inches i do the djm a arms and thehy allways align.

What is the problem with the McGaughy's spindles and rear hangers and shackles. Everyone on the Denali board seems to love them.

Mcgaughys is absolute garbage for the ss trucks. DJM is like buying off brand milk, You just don't do it. If your serious about your ride quality, and the construction of material being used you would NEVER use shackles on your truck as far as the rear goes. If you ever get into big engine mods and start making horsepower, You'll experience bad wheel hop due to excesive axle wrap, caused by you guessed it... SHACKLES. Some also experience vibration issues due to drive line angle, and premature u-joint failure.

Personally experienced it. Went with belltech leafs, and will never use another brand nor setup for the rear...

On the other hand, yes there are ppl out there that use shackles and love them... so this is just my opinion...

Edited by JaymzSS (see edit history)

ive been lowering these trucks since 04 have done numerous ones. Ive done a tvs 2300 with shackles in rear and there has been no issues. we run 295 45 17 mt drag rads on it at the street races and no wheel hop. He has a 370 forged with 12 psi and meth heads and cam and 3000 yank stall.

many other guys do the nitrous set up and no wheel hop. But anyways the leafs the guys like due to not having to cut into the hangers and you can swap them back to stock very easy.

Just my .02 ........ i had DJM hanger/shackles and had nothing but problems with driveline vibration. Shims, adjustments, etc, etc and never got it figured out. I ended up with about a 3.5" drop in the rear. I know lots of guys have had good luck with the above, but lots of guys haven't....me being one. I'm going leafs strictly because it's the next logical step. Try something different. Not sure if it's a difference of each SS, or if i did something wrong, or whatever, but i won't go back to that vibration shit. I'll stay stock height if thats what i end up with in a drop.