Gm Transfer Case Vs Jasper

is there a diffrence between a gm transfer case and a jasper transfer case because i noticed with my gm t case alll my wheels would spin when i punched it in the snow and when it blew i could only afford a jasper one and now wen im in the snow with the jasper one only the rear will spin and the front does not i really think jasper messed up makin this t case plz let me now if anyone has had this problem thanks

which is the model of the transfer case? is a replicate of the nvg 149 or is it of the borg warner unit from an escalade? sounds like you may have the unit that goes in the escalade.

im not sure man how can i tell is it under the t case on a badgeor somethn

Maybe this will help you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Case Identification

An identification tag is attached to the rear half of the transfer case. The tag provides the following information:

post-14750-1266794820_thumb.png

Model number (1)

First Digit--1 =Single Speed, 2=Two Speed

Second Digit--3 =T-Truck, L-Van, 4 or 6 = GMT 800

Third Digit--1 = Manual, 3 = Electric Shift, 6 = Automatic, 9 = All Wheel Drive

Assembly number (2)

Serial number (Date & Shift Code) (3)

Low range reduction ratio (4)

The information on this tag is necessary for servicing the transfer case. If the tag is removed or becomes dislodged during service operations, keep the identification tag with the unit.

yea man thanks i dunno wuts up i called GM and jasper and jasper saids the one i have is rite i dunno wut to do something doesnt make sense here why wouldnt all my wheels spin its brand new i realy think its the wrong case but i called them and they sad its the rite one .........im lost

find something on it that says 149 . if not you probably have a borg warner unit. they may think they are the same but they are not . a

who knows what kind of guts the caddy xfer case has i know ours is a viscous coupling .