Hood

Cramer

Well I purchased a stock hood for $50 and thought I would make a cowl out of it.

I was looking at the aftermarket hoods and I didn't find one that caught my eye and taste so I made my own.

I am repainting my whole truck this summer, and my buddy does realistic flames and he's going to ghost a "SS" in the center with ghosted realistic flames running down the middle of it coming off the "SS".

This will be my summer hood and I will put my stock hood back on in the winters.

I still have some fabbing and welding to do on it, as well as the body work (Bondo, Sanding, etc) after I figure out how much clearance I have to the wipers and windshield.

Let me know what you all think.

BTW it's a 2" raise in the rear.

post-17939-1266912737_thumb.jpg

post-17939-1266912837_thumb.jpg

post-17939-1266912877_thumb.jpg

post-17939-1266912920_thumb.jpg

post-17939-1266912951_thumb.jpg

post-17939-1266912984_thumb.jpg

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

It won't be totally finished till summer when I paint the truck, but it should be in primer next week.

It was hard to get a good pic of it with my Blackberry, so I will take more with my digital next time I work on her.

I used the stock bracing, but added brackets to it. I also reinforced a section that has little bracing to help with the possible flexing. It is actually really stout now. I cross braced the hood prior to cutting it to so it is the same as a stock hood. I learned the hard way when I chopped a top on a coupe that didn't have enough bracing from the previous hack.

Well I purchased a stock hood for $50 and thought I would make a cowl out of it.

I was looking at the aftermarket hoods and I didn't find one that caught my eye and taste so I made my own.

I am repainting my whole truck this summer, and my buddy does realistic flames and he's going to ghost a "SS" in the center with ghosted realistic flames running down the middle of it coming off the "SS".

This will be my summer hood and I will put my stock hood back on in the winters.

I still have some fabbing and welding to do on it, as well as the body work (Bondo, Sanding, etc) after I figure out how much clearance I have to the wipers and windshield.

Let me know what you all think.

BTW it's a 2" raise in the rear.

DUDE... thats freekin awesome !!.. when you get done there you can do mine.. ;) great work !