Our Pup Just Dies :(

smallblock500

My mom and dad are drive OTR and they took our boston terror with them on the truck. The 3 of them have been trucking for about 3 years now. buster (the dog) has been in bad health for the last year or so he had a enlarged heart and a heart murmer. We got him when he was about 2-3 years old and he died at about 15 years old. my dad gave him a bath like he had done so many times and after the bath he was feelen good and runnen around then he jumped up on the bed next to my mom and fell over dead. worst part about it is they were in los vagas taking a short down time and we live in florida. this is the first time in 23 years that ive ever heard my dad cry so their taking it pretty hard and being away from home just makes it worse.

damn, I am sorry man, my thoughts are with your family.

I have owned 3 beagles and I know the feeling, I was the only one in my fam who could put ours down. My current beagle has an enlarged heart and murmur also, but it is a common thing in beagles. My 2nd beagle had a stroke in my arms when I picked her up trying to get her away from some damn trick or treaters back in 05, freaking heart wrenching (I remember driving the SS about 60mph in a 15mph to get her to the hospital but she was already a vegetable basically, all she could do was look at me :tear: ). Cops were waiting for me on the return to my house, but let me go after they heard the story........Best cure for me was to get another beagle from my breeder within the next few days.

Once again I am sorry man, like stated earlier, my dogs are also truely family.

RIP to your pup :angel:

We had the same thing to happen with my wifes Dalmatian. She took it to the Vet and just as soon as she got her checked in she noticed a lot of jerking going on with the leash and turned around to look and it was over with. She died right after checking her in. My wife was a basket case. So I know what your dad is going thru. We have two dogs now and they are just like my own children. I think of them more than I do most people. My heart goes out to your dad. Hang in there.