New Hood. Super Failure. Not To Happy.

shawnss

Well i have been wanting a new hood. well i finally got one. got it painted and went to put it on and found out it was the wrong one. im super pissed i have been wanting one for awhile and got it just to find out its for an avalanche. now i dont know what todo. it looked so sick too until i went to close it. it kinda sucks cause i have over a 1K in this hood and i cant use it.

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

i been there done that.i did countless of hour of body work . :mad:

Well i have been wanting a new hood. well i finally got one. got it painted and went to put it on and found out it was the wrong one. im super pissed i have been wanting one for awhile and got it just to find out its for an avalanche. now i dont know what todo. it looked so sick too until i went to close it. it kinda sucks cause i have over a 1K in this hood and i cant use it.

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

can I ask you why you didn't trial fit first?????

Cause where i bought the hood from said it was the hood for the truck. so i just figured a truck shop would Know what they were talking about. the good thing is that the owner of the company is a good friend so he going to make it right. But i have learned always test fit. lifes a big learning lesson in my book. you have to take the good with the bad. i lost a couple 100 bucks no big deal. i could be alot worse off.

I feel your pain. I would rather the shop tell me they dont know if it will fit than sell it to me and then say its my fault I did not test it, I only got it b/c I was told it was correct. it does look good!

how much would u want for the hood? looks sick though

Im not for sure. its probably going to be the shops hood now. i know what i have in it. but being its not the right color for most vehicles it would be tuff to sell. i have 500 in the hood and 500 in paint. but ill never get what it have in to it.