Exhaust systems

Hey all,

Looks like I'm going to go with a cat-back exhaust system next. With so many out there what seems to be the best? Gibson, Corsa, Flowmaster, etc, etc!! My local muffler shop says Flowmaster makes a muffler especially for the 6.0 & 8.1 motors and wants around $500 for a cat-back, dual side exit system. I see some mail order places have Corsas for $600 shipped.

Thanks for all of the help guys! :D:D

If you are wanting to do a full cat-back I would recommend the Corsa Sport. I have heard it on a Denali and it is a little louder than stock threw all normal driving conditions, but, once you stomp on it, stand by! If I wouldnt have done my flowmaster exhaust before hearing the Corsa, I probably would have went with it instead.

hey zippy if you cant say anything nice :wtf: ...you know the rest OH SORRY I FORGOT MY CAPS :D

I KNOW HOW YOU LOVE THEM.. YEA ITS EXHSAUST DAY AGAIN.. AND IT PROBABLY WILL BE TOMMORROW TOO. THATS WHY WE COME TO THIS WEBSITE TO CHAT ,AND LEARN . SS OWNERS THAT IS... I GUESS IF YOU DONT OWN ONE YOU CAN SEND CONDISENDING MESSAGES TO PEOPLE. SORRY to be so rude but

im sick of it every time you post, its something unnecessary.. chill out :jester: you seem very knowlegable so just help people. theres my two cents my ten cents are free.

hey zippy if you cant say anything nice :wtf: ...you know the rest OH SORRY I FORGOT MY CAPS :D

I KNOW HOW YOU LOVE THEM.. YEA ITS EXHSAUST DAY AGAIN.. AND IT PROBABLY WILL BE TOMMORROW TOO. THATS WHY WE COME TO THIS WEBSITE TO CHAT ,AND LEARN . SS OWNERS THAT IS... I GUESS IF YOU DONT OWN ONE YOU CAN SEND CONDISENDING MESSAGES TO PEOPLE. SORRY to be so rude but

im sick of it every time you post, its something unnecessary.. chill out :jester: you seem very knowlegable so just help people. theres my two cents my ten cents are free.

you'd better watch who you're ripping on there skippy.

as for the posts like this, i see you're on post 8. when youi've began to help anyone on this site, let me know. on to the exhaust question, it's a daily asked thing so his answers are already on the board, many times over. it's just a lack of using the search key. with pretty much all silverado ss's being built the same it doesn't leave much room for the except if you have case. my guess would be he doesn't have a "special ss".

dude i counted l;ike ten threads on exhaust......

<<< waits for the dudes reply..

My corsa sport is too goddamn loud when I get on it. Just like rdss said it is fine otherwise. I'm thinking about swapping my muffler for the 'touring' model or possibly switching to the billy boat dual system.

If the Corsa is too loud you won't like the B&B.

I had resonators cut in mine, problem solved.

Might think about that on the Corsa, or try the Touring.

45719404.jpg

The B&B is high quality and fit like a glove, well worth the $$$s.

Install pics in this topic: B&B Sale/Install

WW :thumbs:

Hey Guy,

Get the STS turbo and you have solved the problem of which muffler to get...You don't need one :lol:

Seriously though I have had the magnaflow mufflers on my last 2 trucks and they are really nice sounding and not intrusive into the cab at all.

Good luck

ssblackss

Archived