402 Stroker And California Emissions Testing

Before my SSS I had a 99 gmc 4.8 rcsb that I built a 388 ci iron block for and it passed with a 208/210 512/514 114 lsa custom baby cam, I was running a stock intake at the time of smog as well as dynatechs with cats and stock heat sheilds rigged on the lt,s....10.8 cr and a good tune can do wonders...I think I git it up to 200 degrees right before I went...

-So to answer your question...Yes I think with good cats and the right tune its def possible...

good point on testing the truck nice and hot!

Yeah I unplugged one fan and I think I used a 195* t-stat and crossed my fingers...I diddn't even know the tech! But I remember coming in under the max allowed numbers....I poured a bottle of that "pass smog" additive as well!

long shot here and I'm not sure how it works when you go get an inspection, but try to have one of the "cool" looking workers inspect your truck. talk crap with him all friendly like and shoot him some extra cash :dunno:

Edited by SSplaytoy (see edit history)

i know that now diesels have to be smoekd test/smogged once a year . the trick to get them to pass is add a little gas to the fuel , works everytime.

i think you can get a mild 402 to pass without a problem, the thing i would have a hard time with is spending that money on the motor to just have it choked down with stock pipe's and cats.