Alternator Whine Coming Through Speakers?

KDUB10

Alrite I have been having an issue with my 05 SS for several months now. I had a 7in kenwood navigation touch screen head unit installed as well as 2 12" alpine subs under the back seat in a custom box, and a 750 watt kicker mono-channel amp. I had my headunit replaced by best buy thinking that it was the headunit creating the whine because you could move the rca connection in the back and the whine would fluctuate, getting louder and more quite. However it did not stop the issue the whine is gradually coming back, and it fairly loud and only gets louder as you accelerate. We tried a ground loop isolator in between the rcas and headunit, tried regrounding the grounds, replacing the conversion module for the factory integration with the bose system, we have tried almost everything. Im wondering if anyone has heard of this being a problem, or if anyone has any suggestions to try to fix this? any suggestions are appreciated...

Thanks

bad/not sufficient ground

Also running the RCA's next to the power will do the same thing. If the RCA's aren't shielded well enough, EMI will cause issues. It's usually a good idea to run RCA's and power on opposite sides if possible.

i had the entire sysem installed at best buy so they are the ones that are going to try all these things out. Def seem to have some good ideas flowing though im definitely going to try all of these. I appreciate the input on an ongoing annoying issue

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like the rca ground filter in the deck is bad. take a piece of wire and wrap around the outer shield of the rca's and then ground it and see if the sound goes away. if so, the deck needs serviced or u can leave the ground on rca and will work fine. also do you have the bose system? did they use the correct interface to work with factory amp?