67speeda

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so p/o right now....

last year i put a trans in, and now this. FML

How the hell could this not have happened until i put this @$#%#$% crap in my oil.

I got everything i need for yet another oil change, should i do it? i mean the old oil is now like 1 minute old :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am so p/o right now....

last year i put a trans in, and now this. FML

How the hell could this not have happened until i put this @$#%#$% crap in my oil.

I got everything i need for yet another oil change, should i do it? i mean the old oil is now like 1 minute old :(

New oil is not going to help, You need to go see a mechanic or pull the pan and go from there...

my truck :(

Man, that sounds terrible! Mine makes noise when cold, like the other post had mentioned, but goes away after thirty to sixty seconds, the noise you have sounds much deeper in the engine, rod or main bearing? Bet it wont go away, may even get worse when engine is at operating temperature. Let us know what you find out!

I am so mad i can't take it.....

I F*ckinig always changed the oil every 3K (last time was 4.5K, longest EVER)

always used mobile one synthetic or valvoline

Last year i blew all my money on a new tranny

Now i need a F*ckin motor.....

words can not express my frustration. Some one please tell me that this would have happened regardless of seafoam....

just F*#$

WTF do i do now?

video no worky :ughdance:

its up now

Sounds almost like a dry lifter, kind of hard to pinpoint what it is....

Might have a good point, lifters wouldn't pump up if it was full of SF..

Get out a stethoscope and poke around, see if you can track the noise to any area :thumbs:

okay here is the scoop

my buddy, ASE certified tech, used to be at GM dealer, now part owner of his own shop said "you F*ckin retard, its a bad cat. now go buy me a beer"

Shut the motor off, everything still warm, and tap the cat on driver side and it sounds like a can of rocks. Passenger is solid.

makes sense, you can't hear it on pass side.

he did the old screwdriver/ear check too. Said nothing in the motor but then the cat was crazy loud

Also, i have been hearing noises while driving but just thought it was the loose straps in the bed

now the next question: how the hell would seafoam make it louder/more obvious?

still could be the motor, i wouldn't doubt it. But at least i have some hope

Edited by 67speeda (see edit history)

okay here is the scoop

my buddy, ASE certified tech, used to be at GM dealer, now part owner of his own shop said "you F*ckin retard, its a bad cat. now go buy me a beer"

Shut the motor off, everything still warm, and tap the cat on driver side and it sounds like a can of rocks. Passenger is solid.

he did the old screwdriver/ear check too. Said nothing in the motor but then the cat was crazy loud

Also, i have been hearing noises while driving but just thought it was the loose straps in the bed

And you were condemning the whole motor. :uhoh: Now get out there and gut those puppies!

okay here is the scoop

I flipped a shit also when my cat was rattling.... thought my trans was on the way out. I chopped the cats out and straight piped it. Although i got open em back up sometime soon cause i think part of the cat is sitting in the mid pipe and is rattling down there... driving me nuts!

It might have clogged with all the bad shit seafoam flushed out of the system.

:cheers: