Polish Vs. Wax

right on are you doing everything by hand or do you have a porter cable.

No more doing stuff by hand for me...... :cheers: ..........I picked up a UDM (ultimate detail machine) package a couple of years ago in a group buy on another forum............It has a dual action head that orbits and rotates......It's done a great job, but I'll probably pick up a PC later this year...........

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more doing stuff by hand for me...... :cheers: ..........I picked up a UDM (ultimate detail machine) package a couple of years ago in a group buy on another forum............It has a dual action head that orbits and rotates......It's done a great job, but I'll probably pick up a PC later this year...........

no sense in getting the PC unless your UDM dies on you... the PC is essentially the same type of machine, compatible with the same pads, and doesn't do anything that the UDM can't. I'd say save your money and use that UDM until it dies.

here we go again dylan i read your other argument against zaino on the camaro site, is it going to start again on this site hahah, anyways i would go with adams products very aweseom easier system to use and very very great products. also the best customer service, f you dont think what you got from adams is very good they will refund you 110 percent of what you bought including shipping so you actually make money on them. the best way to go :thumbs:

I let my results do the talking :D

DSC_4978.jpg

DSC_4976.jpg

DSC_4979.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

DSC_4984.jpg

Thanks for the Advice. They Guy seemed a bit Crazy to me, and for a guy guy who supposedly restores cars for a living he was driving a real POS with faded paint. If i see him again I will just smile and nod :D

Yeah Im going to just continue doing what I always have done. Wash, Claybar, Polish (sometimes), and wax

BTW what is a good polish to use? I tried some turtle wax kind a while back and i felt that it actually did more damage to the paint.

I use 3M products and swear by them! Here is my final step POLISH. I use it with a blue Ultrafine pad on an orbital buffer. Last but not least I use this wax. :D

I have used 3M in the past with great results, the last two years I have been using Griot's Garage and am satisfied as well...

no sense in getting the PC unless your UDM dies on you... the PC is essentially the same type of machine, compatible with the same pads, and doesn't do anything that the UDM can't. I'd say save your money and use that UDM until it dies.

When your UDM dies, don't waste your money on a PC, get yourself the Flex.

IMO, it's worth the money, safer than a rotary, and does the job quicker/better than the PC.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

i think your backwards on this one the pc will never harm your paint and cant heat the up the clear enough to wreck the paint while the flex will harm your paint if you dont know how to use it,

but by all means if you can use a flex go ahead it will faster then the pc 7424 just not as safe.

heres a great video on how safe the pc is

i think your backwards on this one the pc will never harm your paint and cant heat the up the clear enough to wreck the paint while the flex will harm your paint if you dont know how to use it,

but by all means if you can use a flex go ahead it will faster then the pc 7424 just not as safe.

heres a great video on how safe the pc is

No i'm not backwards on this one. You would have to be a complete idiot to "wreck" your paint with the flex. The Flex was actually the first polisher I have used, period. I am not the smartest person, but I did some simple research and did not have a single problem. I guess I can't say the same for the rest.

well i guess i cant say anything on peformance wise because ive never used a flex. but im sure its aweseome, but the pc is the safest machine to use for guys just starting out on doing there own paint correction. its a worry free workhorse that will get the same results as the flex but might take abit longer. i wouldnt see any need to jump right up to a flex unless your detailing cars all the time, just my opinion i might be wrong but its just what i know, ive seen pics of your truck and it does a great job, i guess its personal preference when it comes to tools right.

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)