Random Pictures Of My Ss/ Need Your Guys Help Also.

shawnss

Thanks. im trying to keep it clean and simple. i have a twin scoop hood for and next ill be getting a gaylord cover for it. other than that im mostly done on the outside.

You get that gaylord cover, ull want a rollpan. Trust me rolleyes.gif But yes, I will agree with everyone...sick truck. And dont color match very much stuff inside the cab. A few things here and there like ur gauge rings might be enough. I went with suede and billet in mine, and it is very easy to get carried away.

i will be getting it off very soon. i had the front one on but when i blew the tranny. i had the put the truck on a trailer and when i put it on the traierl we put the truck on backwards. going the the interstate at 75 will rip it right off. :D

Haha...

You're truck is definitely a head turner. Considering that you live in Billings, is your truck a daily driver?

I "think" we've had this conversation before, but my family has a ranch on the east side of billings in between the Yellowstone and the train tracks.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Haha...

You're truck is definitely a head turner. Considering that you live in Billings, is your truck a daily driver?

I "think" we've had this conversation before, but my family has a ranch on the east side of billings in between the Yellowstone and the train tracks.

my truck is not my DD i drive it to work on fridays and maybe drive it a little on the weekend. what ranch do they have? At my job i travel all over billings all day long so im sure ive passed it alot. billings is growing all the time. if your ever over this way you should hit me up.

• 3 weeks later...

Your engine compartment is nice already, some that I have seen are over done, less is more IMO. All you need is some fine detailing and it will look amazing. Protectant goes a long way under the hood at car shows......anything that is black under my hood gets wiped with protectant before a show, that includes the core support, under hood liner, hoses, etc. Really the best way to get all the fine details of the engine compartment when cleaning is to use an air compressor, Simple Green, some spray detailer, a few rags, and a tooth brush. I am not a fan of spraying the whole engine bay down with a pressure washer. Also, get in the habit of spraying down your front wheel wells with protectant, your frame in the rear where its protrudes through the wheel wells, tire treads, and most of your black exterior trim. Pay attention to the little things, like excess wax in cracks between body panels, finger prints on the glass, and sand or stains on your carpet. Make sure your bed is neat and clean, and apply some protectant to your bed mat if you have one. Basically you want it to look like it is in the show room. Get youself a display photo board made up that includes your name, year/make/model, and a few good photos of your truck. Also, display your original window sticker if you still have it, certificate of origin, and a list of modifications. The car shows I attend, they judge by cleanliness, appearance, and presentation, not by how much bling you have under your hood or on your truck. I hope that helps, my recommendations should help you place in a judged show, good luck. :chevy:

Hard work pays off, for example......

2009 Carlisle All GM Nationals 3rd Place Showfield Winner

HPIM1213.jpg

HPIM1196.jpg

July 2008 Long Island Cars at Flowerfield Fairgrounds 2nd Place Winner

HPIM0774.jpg