Well It Happened...

Parked the truck last night around 8:00PM and didn't come out of the house again untill 2:00PM today. I push the unlock button on the key-fob and notice the door lock makes the sound it always does when the door is already unlocked. Idiot, I think to myself, you left the truck unlocked all night. I open the door to the console ransacked, papers everywhere and the wire from my mp3 player lying in the passenger seat. Bam, it hits me. I'm pissed, but I got stuff to do, so I take off. Ran into a police officer while running my errands and get to talking to him about what to do since its obviously not a 911 call. We both walk out of the store together and he takes a look at the "scene". This is the first time I notice the hole under the door handle trim piece. They jammed something under the door handle trim and jimmied the lock. Now I gotta get the door damage repaired, replace my mp3 player and the cel phone the b'tards stole. The officer was really cool and told me he liked the truck and gave me the number to call to file the report. Called the PD and they sent out an officer to take the report. He tells me that the whole neighborhood got hit last night. A bunch of "smash and grabs". So, I'm out $179 for the mp3 player, my walkman cel phone ($50 to replace with insurance) and the damage to the door panel (price unknown, but probably gonna be $$$). Story of my life.

Parked the truck last night around 8:00PM and didn't come out of the house again untill 2:00PM today. I push the unlock button on the key-fob and notice the door lock makes the sound it always does when the door is already unlocked. Idiot, I think to myself, you left the truck unlocked all night. I open the door to the console ransacked, papers everywhere and the wire from my mp3 player lying in the passenger seat. Bam, it hits me. I'm pissed, but I got stuff to do, so I take off. Ran into a police officer while running my errands and get to talking to him about what to do since its obviously not a 911 call. We both walk out of the store together and he takes a look at the "scene". This is the first time I notice the hole under the door handle trim piece. They jammed something under the door handle trim and jimmied the lock. Now I gotta get the door damage repaired, replace my mp3 player and the cel phone the b'tards stole. The officer was really cool and told me he liked the truck and gave me the number to call to file the report. Called the PD and they sent out an officer to take the report. He tells me that the whole neighborhood got hit last night. A bunch of "smash and grabs". So, I'm out $179 for the mp3 player, my walkman cel phone ($50 to replace with insurance) and the damage to the door panel (price unknown, but probably gonna be $$). Story of my life.

mad3.gif f'n thieves M16.gif sorry to hear about that hope they catch em

its so damn easy to break into these trucks.

You ain't kidding! They just punched thru the sheet metal and popped the linkage from the outside. My ole "factory alarm" didn't stand a chance. Might have just as well have put the key in the door and unlocked it for them.

I know its just a truck, but dang it I think I could shoot someone with a clean conscience for breaking into my s#!+! My wife said, "what if it were a teenager?" I said well, I don't know. Gimme a gun and lets find out. What would ya'll do if you caught 'em breaking in?

Edited by SilveradoEsEs (see edit history)

You ain't kidding! They just punched thru the sheet metal and popped the linkage from the outside. My ole "factory alarm" didn't stand a chance. Might have just as well have put the key in the door and unlocked it for them.

I know its just a truck, but dang it I think I could shoot someone with a clean conscience for breaking into my s#!+! My wife said, "what if it were a teenager?" I said well, I don't know. Gimme a gun and lets find out. What would ya'll do if you caught 'em breaking in?

if somebody broke into the SS. i would break there legs if i caught them no joke. id beat the ever livin piss out of them. no matter how much i dislike somebody i will never touch there vehicle thats just crosses the line.

those mother ****ers. i seriously wish someone would even attempt to open my truck and me catch them in the act.... in oct of 09 i spent $550 on a new passport 9500ix. two weeks later, let my old lady use it to go on a long trip. when she got back she was tired and left the car out with it still on the windshield only to come out to it and the driver side window missing the next morning. i knew damn well that insurance doesnt replace radar detectors either. i was pretty pissed lol.

this is just sad trust me i know just how you feel i too had my truck broken in to they took my $250 sunglasses and kenwood 12's broke the driver side door windo and to top it all off they broke the amp trying to get it out and keyed the winsheld right where i look when driving. Best thing was that USAA fixed everything and bought me bran new 12's kenwoods and alpine amp.

best thing to do is get full coverage and what ever you do tell them that your stuff was bolted to the truck that way they have to replace eveything. good luck on getting your truck fixed.

Wow man thats a real shame........... It really scares me that you can get into our trucks like that. I dont live in the best neighborhood but ive been lucky so far.......... (knock on wood)

• 3 weeks later...

Got her back from the body shop today. Good as new! :dbanana: Man, I'm scared its gonna happen again. I take everything out of the truck now when I park it. I can't get it in the garage at night because I keep my boat, quads and all my lawn equipment in there, so it has to sit outside. Damn metro living. Growining up we had barns and sheds to keep all that stuff in. :nopity:

Now I gotta save my pennies so I can get an alarm and replace my mp3 player and get new tires for this biotch and.........! Crap, it never ends! :mad:

Edited by SilveradoEsEs (see edit history)