What'S Your Favorite Car Audio Manufacture?

Favorite Brand  

114 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite car audio manufacture?

Sounds like a good setup to me, I love Kicker subs. Pioneer touchscreen headunits are sick too, I want one. Changing your door speakers makes a pretty big difference in highs and overall clarity, I definitely recommend it.

its coming soon brother lol gonna use focal for mids and highs and use another alpine amp to push them

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

At least no one voted for Sony and JVC. Panasonic pulled out of car audio last year and I don't think it'll be long for these other guys that aren't solely car audio are gone. Don't get me wrong, they make some not bad cheap audio gear, but it's low end stuff for selling to people replacing bad head units or at box stores, IMO.

I liked Panasonic decks, cheap, fairly reliable. Too bad their gone, but like most of the car audio industry, it's fading away.

Bad time to be working in the industry, that's mainly why I recently retired.

How can you put up a car audio poll and NOT have Kicker on the list. JL, Eclipse, Focal and Pioneer get my votes...Kicker would have too had it been on the list. Hifonics is also a decent brand for amps, never heard their subs or speakers so cant speak for them there. I had a hifonics brutus amp pushing 4 JL W3v3 subs that was all kinds of sick. Super loud and super clean, wish i wouldnt have had to sell them!

• 2 weeks later...

I am pretty sure to the few of you who have seen my truck, they know my choice. Alpine.MTX, Xtant, Audio Control, POLK audio, so many great brands out there. its all matter of personal preference, and BUDGET. Sony makes some great things if you are on a budget. then again, some of the above stated make some JUNK for the amount of money you spend. so if it sounds good to you, and you can afford it, then its right for you. think of it this way... we all bought Chevys right? thats cause Ford is overpriced JUNK in our eyes, but for some people, Ford is all they can AfFORD! :) sorry had to throw that Jab in there!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For indash i would go with ether panasonic or pioneer

For highs I would go with ether pioneer, Polk audio, or infinity

For base I would use ether kickier L7 or x solo or jl audio w7

Amps i would go with hifonics, jl audio or earthquake

And wires it's monster all the way with me

On my camaro I have a panasonic indash with 2 12" kickers hifonics amps pioneer surround and mister cables

Wut I got planed for the SSS is infinity surround sound panasonic double din 3 jl audio w7 12s with a 5000w earthquake amp and monster cables i have everything sitting in my room just need the w7s

• 3 months later...

I havent had to buy car audio in 15 years. My old PPI subs and amp where the stuff to get back then. Now for my truck I replaced my jump seat with a home built center console/arm rest /sub box (1.04 cube) with a new MBQuart discus 12dvc and a visonic mono amp. never heard of visonic but for $130 for sub and amp at sonicelectronix.com (Free ship no tax) I couldnt beat it. sounds good. I dont listen to hiphop or crank the loud stuff anymore but cant live with weak bass flat mids and tiny highs.... Will be picking up a JL6.5 comp set...... Have a Deh-p6500 H/U.. I picked Pheonix gold on the list but now I read its not the same stuff as 15 years ago..

• 7 months later...

I am a fan of Alpine head units and speakers, Precision Power amps, and Orion subs. Rockford Fosgate and JL always sounded great too. I must say though, I had 2 12" Orion free air subs in a '91 firebird that slammed several higher-dollar setups back then. This was back in the mid 90's when I was into the audio scene. My setup now is stock Bose for now.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)