NEW ENGLAND DRAGWAY

evandostert

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be there, and I am bringing a friend of mine in his 99 dodge ram sport, he wants to run your friend in his dodge Evan. So I hope he is coming, are you going to be spraying tonight??

I want to run you motor to motor for one run then if you are spraying you can kick my ass on the next run.

Butch, My truck is still making that noise, I will let you hear it tonight and maybe you can figure it out??

See you guys there.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

i'm still undecided, lol, I was gunna go if qwank did since I know him from MCT, but it looks like he might not be going, if I do go it'd be for a stock run on my 4.8 ;) my excuse to not be embarassed. what time u guys going right at 5? how long does it usually stay open? whats the scene like? is there much time to talk or is it basically constantly going for runs?

Gates open at 5pm, racing is from 6 to 10pm, I should be ther by 5 pm.

Plenty of time to hang out and talk, I only do about 3 runs and wait about an hour or so between them. That way you get to see some racing and hang out a bit and check out all the girls walking around. :devil:

Going to Salsbury beach in Mass. after for some Cristies Pizza, and then maybe to Tens to have a couple beers and look at some naked women. lol :devil:

Bill-03-SD

grrr what pisses me off is everyone says they can get 2000rpm launch, my tires start chirpin at about 1600 even in autotrac, i assumed thats cause of a tiny tiny bit of sand where i was, so i went somewhere pretty clean and it would goto 1800 but if i gently press anymore it was maxed out, like a limiter to 1800rpm, i have 3.73 gears, wtf is the problem? is it cuz I'm nub? I dont really wanna break anything cause up near there it really tightens up lol

i've been in stock SS's and they wouldn't get 2000rpm, but with some mods they might be able to. a 4.8 silverado by far needs more stall than stock. getting the shift points right, having a shift kit, getting rid of torque managment, and a 3200 stall would probably be worth .6 or so in a 4.8 truck.

Well on the way to the track tonight doing only about 85mph in overdrive the temps got up to 225* when I took it out of overdrive and brought the rpms up to about 3500 the temp dropped down to about 210. It seems to run the hotest when I am on the highway. I also got a couple codes on the way to the track;

P0420---"Cat efficiency below threshold"? I guess maybe because I gutted the cats on Wednesday??

P0894---"Transmission comp slipping" maybe because the stall coverter??

Also I didn't pick up any time at the track, and I lost about 3 mph. Ran 2 14.9's at 89 with 2.34 60's I thought I would have been down to 2.0 60' times.

I still have that unknown noise on the driverside, I was running Butch (AWDGM) on my first run and he said he could hear it from inside his truck while he was racing me. On our second run, I drove his truck and he drove mine, he's stump on what the noise is to. We still think (hope) that it might be a bad coil so I am going to switch all four from the drivers side to the passenger side and vise versa. I am hoping the noise goes to the passenger side so I can just get some new coils and go on to the next problem. lol

Bill-03-SD

sorry i couldn't make it guys. my friend was supposed to come up with me with his civic dx, but 2 days ago he decided to buy an Si that had absolutly no clutch left, so we spent from 6-11 installing a new clutch. oh well, i'll make it next time.

I will post my times later. I still was the winner, hahahaha. I am thinking, I should have never bothered with the yank. I had a few other mods and my times were the same as the last time. The yank was not to cheap either to not pick up any time with it. My shifts do not snap like they used too.

The air was pretty crappy last night Evan, it was like 85% humidity! We all were running way off. I only made 2 runs and didn't bother with anymore. There's just not enough oxygen in the air at those humidity levels. It is strange though that Bill and I were running identical 60 ft times (crappy but identical) and he has the 2600 and mines stock.

Butch 02 Sierra Denali

Archived