My New Set Up, 502 Rwhp

shadowsniper3006

The truck takes off like it was shot out of a canon, I beleive it has a high 12.3 to a low 12.4 in it. The air was pretty good last night, we both know it will get better at toward the end of the year. Congradulations buddy.....your truck is frickin mean as hell.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice times,so where he you been dynoing your truck at? is it an AWD dyno? With zippy being in Vegas I am going to have T.J. at Baker engineering do my E85 high boost tune on his dyno,but not until the fall.

Maybe this would be a good time to meet? cool weather, get to see TJ make some HP, then hit martin for some track time.

I found W2W's AWD dyno here in the Detroit area...that could be fun too :)

Thanks Guys!

I new it was going to be a good day, i was checking the DA all day long and the humidity just kept falling. The time ended up being set some where around 350 feet DA. I'm finding out this converter, or at least this cam, loves launching off the converter. I launched at about 3200 for this et and allthough the 60 foot is not the best its pretty darn good for this short runner intake. The last run pissed me off so bad......everything lined up for the last run, the DA was even better. I got to the line and the truck barely opened the thermostat, so the motor was cool, and the intake was about as cool as it gets. I left at 3400 and spun all 4 tires maybe 2 revolutions and she just grabbed hard. By the time i got to 330 i new that run was going to put me at number 1 on the NA list....and then the motor went into protect mode......all sorts of swearing.

Ended up i cut a 1.73 60 foot time even with the tires spinning and i was .05 faster at the 330 and the truck shut down before the 1/8 mile. I crossed the lights at 16.2 and like 55mph. Beeing that much faster off the line and at 330 i'm pretty sure it would have run a tenth faster at the top end and would have been a 12.49.....but shoulda, coulda, woulda doesn't count for crap.

If i can get traction in the later months it just might have a low 12.4 in it but i'm thinking thats gonna be the best she'll see.

I dyno at a 2 wheel drive dyno about 20 minutes from my house. Its a mustang dyno so it should be the most accurate. They have the dyno about a foot and half off the floor and a hoist infront of it. You just back onto the hoist, they lift the truck up and i pull the front shaft, put their wideband in so i can see it on the dyno chart. Then they lower you to the dyno level, you back up about 2 feet and strap her down. Its a great set up, and the guys are the best. Even Zippy likes it there. You can run in what ever mode you like but i tune in there short pull mode when the dyno is just like every other dyno and the pull is pretty fast. then once its tweaked in i make a pull with the dyno loaded for your trucks weight and wind resistance, and thats fun.

Shoulda been there Mike, you would have gotten that top spot for the G8. Watch the da and if it holds get out there ASAP, it won't last long

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Sick times and damn good numbers man. Congrats :cheers:

Just be careful pulling the front drive shaft and running it on a 2wd dyno. Many a times doing so will destroy the viscous couplers. I would hate to see your truck go down for not dynoing it on an awd dyno or doing a street tune.

Sick times and damn good numbers man. Congrats cheers.gif

Just be careful pulling the front drive shaft and running it on a 2wd dyno. Many a times doing so will destroy the viscous couplers. I would hate to see your truck go down for not dynoing it on an awd dyno or doing a street tune.

Many peole have done this and it is fine, just never have the rear tires at full stop while in gear, then things sound bad. A few of us have done many dyno runs at about the same and higher power levels with out problems.

congrats on the new PB, that sure is moving now.

BTW where is the VIDEO

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Many peole have done this and it is fine, just never have the rear tires at full stop while in gear, then things sound bad. A few of us have done many dyno runs at about the same and higher power levels with out problems.

congrats on the new PB, that sure is moving now.

Thank you Sir!

I start the dyno run by putting the truck in gear and letting it idle untill i get the ok to go for it, then i slowly get to 40mph with out going over 3000 rpm(the dyno will start the test at 3000 and just for the dyno i set the converter to lock at 40 in 3rd and not to unlock. So with the truck below 3000 rpm and above 40 mph i roll into it and make the pull. As soon as the pull is done i let off and put it in neutral right away and let the dyno slow the truck. I do not do anytihng untill the dyno is stopped under its own brakes. As far as i know this is the safe way to dyno....right?

Thank you Sir!

I start the dyno run by putting the truck in gear and letting it idle untill i get the ok to go for it, then i slowly get to 40mph with out going over 3000 rpm(the dyno will start the test at 3000 and just for the dyno i set the converter to lock at 40 in 3rd and not to unlock. So with the truck below 3000 rpm and above 40 mph i roll into it and make the pull. As soon as the pull is done i let off and put it in neutral right away and let the dyno slow the truck. I do not do anytihng untill the dyno is stopped under its own brakes. As far as i know this is the safe way to dyno....right?

that is similar to how it was done on my truck. My truck was left in gear until it was at less than 10mph and then it was placed in neutral. decelerating on the dyno's own power. When it was started, it was quickly moved from park to drive and imediatly started it rolling, even if it was just a idle speed. I would say that you are doing it right.

keep up the good work