Installed Some Fogs In The Sss

well ive had this idea to put projector fog lights into my truck ever since the TBSS came out. i love the fogs, where they are, etc. so i got some TBSS OEM fog housings, fabbed up some brackets, put a 4300k Phillips HID setup from a Z06 in, and made a grille from both a TBSS grille and an SSS grille. however, i didnt install it because i ended up liking this look better. when they are off, you really wouldnt notice them unless you were looking for them or knew they were there. i wanted the fogs a little more white than the headlights, so thats why it may look that way in the pic. the headlights are Phillips 6000k, fogs are 4300k Phillips as well as high beams. i used an OEM switch w/ fog button, used OEM wiring thats just hanging in the bumper. i wanted it to look OE as much as possible. i had considered the silverado housings, seeing as how nicely they fit behind the "brake ducts", but i like being different as you already know :dbanana: so let me know what you all think :driving: . i am really happy with them, and i always thought the SSS shouldve come with fogs from factory.

please excuse the iphone pics, i will take better shots once the truck is fixed and off my lift lol

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Another great addition! Ive been wanting to do something similar since I drove my truck in bad fog in late 2005, put fogs right under my license plate in the grille (installing them in the air ducts does not make sense to me). I did not know how it would look, but you just sold me. Thanks for posting KP Chevy_anim.gif

i thought about the samething whn i saw the TBSS lowr grill, i actually went to the dealer but the TBSS grill is about 1.52 inches shorte on each side...

anyways i had decide to do them the same way u did, right behind the grill... any pic of the brackets???

looks great by the way...

-Rob

That looks great man. I've been wanting to do that for a while now, but haven't found a fog light housing I liked yet. Where did you pick the housings up from if you don't mind me asking? I recently got a new job and the route I have to take to work is notorious for thick fog. Let us know how they work if you encounter fog because so far I love the look, but am just wondering about the functionality. Great job!

ive been wanting to do this exact same thing ever since i have saw the tbss fogs. Thank you for making my decision that much easier cause it looks sick! any pics of the brackets?

I've also wanted to do this since the TBSS came out. I've always thought it was pretty retarded that the SSS never came with fogs. Any details on the brackets would be appreciated. Do you have the part number(s) for the switch and stuff?