Installed Some Fogs In The Sss

thanks for all the compliments :) i will try and get some pics of the setup and install up as soon as i get the truck off my lift lol. i got the fog housings straight from GM new. i just ordered them for an 07 TBSS. and as far as how i made the grille- i know its shorter, i didnt expect it to fit. i cut the little circles that go around the front of the fog (the 'surround' i guess) and basically jb welded them into an SSS grille, filled that, and then sanded and painted it all gloss black. it looked good, but i just liked the behind the grille look better i guess

• 1 year later...

thanks for all the compliments :) i will try and get some pics of the setup and install up as soon as i get the truck off my lift lol. i got the fog housings straight from GM new. i just ordered them for an 07 TBSS. and as far as how i made the grille- i know its shorter, i didnt expect it to fit. i cut the little circles that go around the front of the fog (the 'surround' i guess) and basically jb welded them into an SSS grille, filled that, and then sanded and painted it all gloss black. it looked good, but i just liked the behind the grille look better i guess

Were you ever able to get some pics of the install, brackets, etc? I am interested in giving this a try... Do you still like this setup?

<br /><br />

<br />

Yes, you just need the incab switch and the relay under the hood<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I installed my fogs months ago but was having problems locating the harness, are the terminated at the end of the frame horns? do you need the get the section of harness from the fogs to the main harness? Lastly what is the relay number if you have it and do the lights need to be enabled through the bcm or are the already enabled. I am trying to use all factory parts for mine. Thanks in advance

Jim.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Fellas, yes the relay is the same part number as the headlight, horn, or drl relay. The harness will be taped up to the frame near the location of where the foglights go. Its tucked up by the lower radiator mount. No need for any wire harnesses. Lastly the switch is plug and play also. Nothing needs to be ran to the bcm. Just pop out the old npanel look for the plug and plug away.

sent from my thunderbolt

I remember when I had my SS seeing the wiring harness' just hanging and waiting there like chpspecial says by the brake ducts. Seeing that I was gonna install fogs but that never ended up happening.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

the harness should be tucked right by the frame taped up to the rest of the harness... i plan on doing some fogs EVENTUALLY and went under and checked for the harness and just like chpspecial told me its there, the OEM foglight switch will plug right in the stock location...

found the harness, got the OEM switch, just need actual fog lights :glare: ...

-Rob

• 2 months later...

the harness should be tucked right by the frame taped up to the rest of the harness... i plan on doing some fogs EVENTUALLY and went under and checked for the harness and just like chpspecial told me its there, the OEM foglight switch will plug right in the stock location...

found the harness, got the OEM switch, just need actual fog lights :glare: ...

-Rob

Does anyone have a pic of harness or the existing wires. I recently bought fog lights and I cannot find any existing wires or harness. I have a 2003 Sss.

<br />Fellas, yes the relay is the same part number as the headlight, horn, or drl relay. The harness will be taped up to the frame near the location of where the foglights go. Its tucked up by the lower radiator mount. No need for any wire harnesses. Lastly the switch is plug and play also. Nothing needs to be ran to the bcm. Just pop out the old npanel look for the plug and plug away. <br />

<br />

sent from my thunderbolt<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Is it possible my truck doesn't have the harness?,i had my bumper off,i installed a Mr.P. cooling fan and I still cant find this harness.

<br />I remember when I had my SS seeing the wiring harness' just hanging and waiting there like chpspecial says by the brake ducts. Seeing that I was gonna install fogs but that never ended up happening.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk