My new exhaust system is almost done

Well last night we started put the new headers and spark plug wires on and today we will finish putting on the new muffler.

Last night after we were done with the headers and they still were not hooked up to the cats we started the truck up to hear what it sounded like with just the headers, and o my gosh is sounded so sweet. We gave it a few quick revs and turned it off. The truck sounded just awesome.

Well the truck sounds great at idea it is just a real deep sound and at low rpm it is a deep sound, but when you get on it, it really sounds aggressive.

There were really no troubles on the install.

The only thing that I don’t like about the muffler is that at about 68-73 mph it has a little to much cab noise. But at 65 and 80 mph it is fine.

What we used was a 3” in out magnaflow muffler and just cut out the factory muffler and then made it to fit the factory pipe.

The whole system flows really well I can tell that I got a decent gain in power.

I hope to go to the track tonight and get some times.

Well the truck sounds great at idea it is just a real deep sound and at low rpm it is a deep sound, but when you get on it, it really sounds aggressive.

There were really no troubles on the install.

The only thing that I don’t like about the muffler is that at about 68-73 mph it has a little to much cab noise. But at 65 and 80 mph it is fine.

What we used was a 3” in out magnaflow muffler and just cut out the factory muffler and then made it to fit the factory pipe.

The whole system flows really well I can tell that I got a decent gain in power.

I hope to go to the track tonight and get some times.

:thumbs:

When I put on my custom Flowmaster exhaust with an X-pipe and dual 3 chamber Delta Flows and dual pipes out the back. It had a horrable droan at the same speeds. They guy that installed it didnt get the pipe going over the axle high enough so it was hitting. So, me and Bill cut the pipes off and I had dumps installed and all the droan is gone. The only thing I hear is exhaust and now its not loud enough!!

The only thing I hear is exhaust...... and .......now its not loud enough!!

Somehow this statement contridicts itself. If all you hear is exhaust, sounds like it's loud enough to me. :P

Its because your getting old there Master Chief!! V/r!! :jester: If your gonna install the turbo kit, your going to be listening to something alot louder than the exhaust I want.

Its because your getting old there Master Chief!! V/r!! :jester: If your gonna install the turbo kit, your going to be listening to something alot louder than the exhaust I want.

Who said anything about a turbo? And, I could be wrong, but I think the Radix is louder than the turbo from inside the truck.

Plus, I'm not that old :nono: I am still in my 30's.

I was thinking about getting two dynomax race bullets put in before my muffler because I really like the sound of the exhaust system I just got but at cruse at 70mph it is just to much cab noise. What do you guys think?

Archived