Anyone Have Kids And Sss ?

SSFatbody

Anyone use the sss for primary kid hauling duty? I have no kids yet but me and the wife are planning on having 1. How easy is it to get a baby seat in and out of? Looking at getting a sss and this is really the only thing I can think of that might stop me. Wife has a subaru outback but it would be nice to take my vehicle when we need to go somewhere with the baby. Thanks all!

Had no problems with car seats in mine when our boy was a baby.......Was simple enough to get them in/out. Now that my little boy is 6 yrs. old, he insists that we take the SS anywhere we go..... :thumbs: ...

Had no problems with car seats in mine when our boy was a baby.

no problems here either, unless a constant kicking at the back of your seat is a problem. legroom leaves a little to be desired unless you don't mind your knees in the dash.

I constantly pick my kids up from daycare and school, so I have a baby car seat in the middle of the back which gives plenty of room for the front seats and then I have a kids car seat on the passenger side in the back. It can get a bit snug with the whole family in the truck but pretty easy to get the kids in and out.

yep had a baby seat in the truck for a while till i got the wife her tahoe, only thing that sucked was when you had to park in the middle of two cars working the back doors kinda suck getting in and out. my lil girl loves when i get on it and put her back in the seat, she screams and then says weeeee peelout.gif

I have an 8 year, 4 year, and 3 months old boys. I take the 2 older ones every day to school (they love to go on the back seat). The only problem, as said before, if you have to park between cars. For the little one, with the baby car seat, we have done it. The 3 kids fit fine, but we don't use it as a go out car, we have a suburban for that. But IMO the Sss will work great with kids in the back. It's a great truck. I say DO IT!!!

Thanks for the info all! This will be a daily for most of the year (except for the hard winter months when I have my jeep). My next question is avg fuel consumption for an awd 6.0l with minimal mods(intake,exhaust,chip) Thanks again, I appreciate all the info here!

• 1 month later...

I agree I have had this truck since my daughter was 5 (5 years). Although she is only a 63lb fifth grader so space is not an issue she has always loved me getting on it. Until recently, she keeps asking "Daddy, what's that horrible noise?" Wife replies "It's Daddy's mechanical genius!" I reply "Honey (daughter) put your DVD headset on and turn up the volume." Issue fixed. lol.