Finally put some parts and my cerdit card to use!

SSminneapolis

I just bought a set of drop hangers to lower the rear a little more too. When I bought my Mcgaughy's kit I figured I'd never use the hangers so I sold them. Boy that was a dumb move!!

I just took my truck on a long trip and I noticed I had a 10mph range where I would get a small vibration, just from 65-75mph, above or below that it was great. When I got back I called McGaughys and talked to them about it. They said I could keep playing with different shims which would move the vibration to a different speed or I could do the hangers which will not have any vibration. SO I bought the hangers. I wanted to be a little lower in the back anyways. I haven't installed them yet.

SSminneapolis, you haven't felt any vibration? I am planning on going with the 1" hole on both just like you did. Also, could you measure from the ground to the midle of the fender lip on the back of your truck please? I want to know how much lower I'm going to be. I measure 35" right now.

Thanks

Front: 33.5

Rear: 34.25

I have had it up to the speed limiter. Everything was fine. Really hugged the ground and cornered well. Found myself oversteering, not used to the lack of body roll. I would have to say there is a tiny little bit of a vibration right at 70. Any higher or lower and it goes away.

No bling bling for me. Going to wait for the 22" replicas to come out in sliver.

Front: 33.5

Rear: 34.25

I have had it up to the speed limiter. Everything was fine. Really hugged the ground and cornered well. Found myself oversteering, not used to the lack of body roll. I would have to say there is a tiny little bit of a vibration right at 70. Any higher or lower and it goes away.

No bling bling for me. Going to wait for the 22" replicas to come out in sliver.

what is your limiter set at?

the limiter is at stock right now...hopefully the mailman brings me a package from TX today :wtf: ...

Why is the limiter at the stock speed? I thought you had allens pcm when your truck got broken into, and they got the original??

Archived