Awd Dyno

Wizard

where you driving like this on the street? Because if so, you could have done major damage to the viscous coupler. There is no sensor just the coupler that splits the power between the two axles.

ya i was on the road it was nasty while it worked.. it doesnt make sense that anything would be hurt by it.. it lasted about an hour then just stopped moving.. as soon as i put teh front drive shaft back on it moved again.. thats why i thought was a sensor

• 1 month later...

where you driving like this on the street? Because if so, you could have done major damage to the viscous coupler. There is no sensor just the coupler that splits the power between the two axles.

why does it work for a lil while then stop working... i really want my truck to be able to roast teh tiresss.. any ideas how.. i thought it would be good because i didnt think taking front drive shaft off would hurt anything

most likely you injured your transfer case. it will probably work for a bit and then leave you stranded somehwere.

you have probably damaged the coupling . which is the reason it sent all the power to rear wheels since the front was "sensed as a slip " it is supposed to do this but not for prolonged periods of time especially under full tq loads . the reason it worked when you put it back in is the couple saw the front wheels have traction and either disengaged and or has completely engaged the torque to the front since that is probably what is left of the coupling .

its good to be a entrepreneur and do what everyone tells you not too but consequences can be harsh . in this situation there was one inevitable outcome - time.

most likely you injured your transfer case. it will probably work for a bit and then leave you stranded somehwere.

you have probably damaged the coupling . which is the reason it sent all the power to rear wheels since the front was "sensed as a slip " it is supposed to do this but not for prolonged periods of time especially under full tq loads . the reason it worked when you put it back in is the couple saw the front wheels have traction and either disengaged and or has completely engaged the torque to the front since that is probably what is left of the coupling .

its good to be a entrepreneur and do what everyone tells you not too but consequences can be harsh . in this situation there was one inevitable outcome - time.

dammm i only did it because a auto shop told me i could...... i dont think anything is wrecked because it def isnt front wheel drive only

dammm i only did it because a auto shop told me i could...... i dont think anything is wrecked because it def isnt front wheel drive only

I wouldn't be going to that shop anymore, and as chase said, your viscous coupler is gone. While it does move, in a situation of loss traction, you will find that one of the axles will just spin and you will be stuck.

Here is a great write up of the transfer case and what not to do.

Also tells you how to check it to see if you have messed it up.

http://www.performan...ad.php?t=229733

my transfer case is fine it works right.. is there any way to make it rear wheel drivee... do i need to just get a manual transfer case....

i tried to pull out my front shaft on my 03 and it wont move just reved so what does that mean

means ypu did same thig i did ... mine drove around for an hour then stopped.. just put it back on it should be fine mine was.. still wondering how to get rid of awd i want rwd

theres 2 ways to do it you could take your transfer case apart and gut it besideds 2 gears that need to be welded together but u still have to leave all the heavy shit or you can find a wrecked truck and get all the parts from it

theres 2 ways to do it you could take your transfer case apart and gut it besideds 2 gears that need to be welded together but u still have to leave all the heavy shit or you can find a wrecked truck and get all the parts from it

found a cheap manual transfer case thinking of cutting a hole in the floor and switching...

3.6 pulley! According to the dyno it does 10.5 psi

Made

426 hp

469 tq

Nice numbers Wizard! peelout.gif

Built04 and Greg808, you should start a thread about your conversions in the awd/differential/transmission tech area Chevy_anim.gif