Silverado Number 2 On The Most Stolen List

Hankg42

If they went into more detail about what silverado model like they did with the "GMC Sierra Crew Cab", I bet the SS would be #1 on the list. shakehead.gif

It only goes back 3 years, the SSS is too old.

Anyway, 7 out of 10 of the most stolen are GM products. Not sure if that means they are just that darn good, or that darn easy to steal, lol. A commerical can be made either way.

Well the newer GM trucks have much better immobilizer setups, but they are easy to steal if you know what your doing. Being a chevy tech, it wouldn't take me 5 minutes (30 on the newer trucks lol). And that's to causually drive it away. This is why it's important NOT to leave your truck with only it's stock OE "secruity" system....

Also, WTF is an "Infiniti G 47"????

Stealing a Ford is an act against God, since Jesus was a Ford man. At least that is what I assume when the Bible says Jesus walked everywhere he went.Chevy_anim.gif

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

My 94' was stolen mach on 2004. Stolen, stripped, put up on blocks, and the cops found it 30 days later! It took me 6 months to get my truck back and by that time some dealer put it back into stock trim. Been rebuilding her ever since, thieves need to be hung banghead.gif

Stealing a Ford is an act against God, since Jesus was a Ford man. At least that is what I assume when the Bible says Jesus walked everywhere he went.Chevy_anim.gif

:laugh: So wrong!!!

It depends a lot where you live; in south Texas the #1 stolen vehicle is the Ford Powerstroke 4x4 Crew Cabs, they are a joke to steal and are then used to haul illegals and drugs across the US-Mexico border.

When I moved into my apartment the insurance on the SSS went up 50% :noway: The insurance underwriter told me point-blank to put Lojack and GPS on it, or else the rates were going to go up even more or they might even consider dropping coverage on the truck altogether. :crazy:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

it's ridiculous how easy it is to take our trucks...........not sure if they atill sell them but I think everyone needs one of these

216404_s.jpg

I would swear by this thing........it slides over the brake pedal and you pull the lever up and it makes it impossible to step on the brake, which wonrt allow you to put it into gear.......i have had mine since I was 16 when I had my Honda accord

also you need to look into the jimmijammer http://www.jimmijammer.com/ not every thief has the balls to smash a window, alot of them try and be inconspicuous and pry the handle open, this will stop them from getting into the truck that way