Visit to TecStar

Hamur

Got a chance to go over to the TecStar Facility which is our Second Stage Supplier for the Silverado SS. Place is brand new and they are training operators to get a second shift going. (That should get some more trucks out there!!! :cheers: ) They are seeing 61% black, 28% red and 11% blue. Great people and really concerned on getting those trucks out you guys. In fact I was telling them about this web site. They were really interested and are going to be looking in. :thumbs::D

Cool! :cool: Hopefully some one from the Tecstar facility will make themselves known here! :)

Justin :chevy:

PS- That is an interesting spread on the colors! (I didn't think my blue one had a chance at being the "rare" color!)

When tecStar gets the truck from GM, is it a regular truck and tecStar takes the bumpers off and puts the SS ones on and do the same for the wheels or does GM ship the truck with no tires and no bumpers and missing alot of the stuff and then tecStar puts it on?

bob

:cool::thumbs:

The trucks are delivered to TECSTAR with the tires and wheels you see. They do not have body cladding, name plates, bumper facias (black bumper core is there). They do all of that and then ship them to the central shipping point.

I noticed the front plate holder that comes with the SS has TechStars name molded into it on the back side.

Yes they do the front plate holder :thumbs: when they do the bumper facia. They don't have to put it on every vehicle as a lot of the States don't require a front licence plate. :thumbs:

Cool beans.I looked them up and now I know who turned my truck into an Xtreme.

Their sites under construction http://www.tecstarinc.com/

Heres a little Article I found.

Tecstar launched full production at its Whitby, Ontario, Canada plant. The Whitby plant assembles second stage components on Chevrolet's SS Silverado pickup truck. This program is expected to generate $30 million in annual revenue and last thru the 2006 model year. The new 80,000 square foot facility will employ approximately 80 people

2006,please say theres a regular cab some where between now and tehn. :chevy:

Okay first questions first.

Bob the builder - They are off the Bloor Street in Whitby. Go east on Bloor Street past Thickson Rd. You go around the bend and past Sklar Furniture. Just before you go under the railroad bridge turn left. They are 295 South Blair. Don't know if they do any public tours especially right now as they are still getting set up.

99extreme - :sigh: All I can tell you is no regular cab for 2004. After that who knows right now. I am sure way up the corp ladder someone is talking about it. :thumbs:

:nono: The best way you can get something you want (within reason) is go to the Corp. Website and send them emails. Fill out the questionaires you get with your new vehicles and tell them what you want. I have seen us spend millions developing some option strictly by customer feedback. I have seen us eliminate an option and then have to put it back because of customer complaints. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease" :smash:

this is embarrassing to me. they knew this truck was going into production a while ago, took many orders, and they are just now seeing they can't produce enough. on top of that, it's absolute ignorance that the ss can't be assembled this way at the assembly plant. didn't seem to be any problem overcladding the avalanche when it came out, a truck has to have a fascia put on it whether it's an ss or not, badges are put on many other trucks, so what makes this truck so special that the assembly line can't do it?

Archived