STS Turbo - On my truck!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd think that kind of power would definitly put you in his range. However, after seeing some of the videos, he strikes me as...well...a jerk. Yes, he has a bad ass rig, and of course he knows it, but he doesn't have to make rude comments like "Ahah little bitch" (racing a red Z06 in one of the videos). He's got all that money and work in his truck and he goes around praying on stock/BPU vehicles, what would happen if he raced one of those Mustangs/TA's/Corvettes if they had the amount of work his truck has, he'd get smoked. Im not cracking on him or his truck, it just seems that he's got a bit of an ego. Dunno why I felt the need to say that....just kinda popped in my head after watching a couple of his videos. Ben's truck will be nicer anyways, it's an SS afterall :thumbs::thumbs:

what about differences between the under the hood turbo and the rear mount? I know that parish and ben wont race :wtf: but the data we can collect will help sell one design or the other. Any word on the Wheeltowheel kit? Kurt you following this?

I have been MIA for the past month or so and it is great to see that you guys are still making the SSS so much faster :devil:

Does the paint in your bed melt off? Possible vent their to relieve some heat?

The remote mount is runs much cooler than an under the hood. No need to vent heat.

BTW, Ben... UPDATE!! :jester:

(Be prepared for the tailpipe not to fit or even be close -- its no biggie -- driving mine with the short tube coming off the turbo as the tail pipe (ahem)).

Hey, all you need is a 45* 3.5" or 3" from the back of the turbo to the over the wheel area. It does fit, very nicely too. Looks OEM. :D:thumbs:

Oh yeah, it's an easy fix, but you do have to fix it. I know Ben's gonna be on a tight deadline next Thursday :smash:

Dave, from Squires Turbo Systems STS, is coming to Witchita to meet with us. The rest of the conversation is a bit groggy.

Hey Brent are you sure about the STS rep coming to Wichita? That would be awesome. If so let me know or and a post to the rally thread so everyone knows.

It might also help Ben out since he may need to install his turbo here at the rally. He may not get the parts in time to install them prior to leaving for KS.

Hey Brent are you sure about the STS rep coming to Wichita? That would be awesome. If so let me know or and a post to the rally thread so everyone knows.

It might also help Ben out since he may need to install his turbo here at the rally. He may not get the parts in time to install them prior to leaving for KS.

Yes sir. I have spoken with Dave several times. He is planning to attend the rally. Please feel free to call him at 866 WE TURBO extension 1 if you can help him with accomidations or whatever. I don't know where or any of the details. I just know he mentioned that he plans attending. I am looking forward to meeting him. I think, and DO NOT Hold me to this, that he is bringing an STS setup demo vehicle that they have???? I wasn't really paying attention to that part. I was interested in his being there... and a BEER. :D

Berserker,

Are you doing the work yourself? If so would you be up for another, sometime in the future. I am not far from you, and I am seriously considering this route.

Were are you getting your kit from? Directly from STS?

Let me know.

Berserker,

Are you doing the work yourself? If so would you be up for another, sometime in the future. I am not far from you, and I am seriously considering this route.

Were are you getting your kit from? Directly from STS?

Let me know.

I ended up not doing the install myself because of the exhaust mod work that the prototypes were requiring and the hellashish :nonod: week I had last week. The install took about 15 hours with the guys being completely fastidious about the directions and the look of the install (seriously every hose clamp was on with the fasteners in the exact same orientation, the welds look like sculpture, and all the wiring was hidden).

I can point you to the shop that I went to (the owner runs a 7 sec NA truck and T-Bird -- he kinda "shares" motors between the two...) I bought mine directly from STS but their might be a local STS channel shop very soon :D they are waiting on feedback from me.

I'd definitely be up for helping out. I think XGMTech would too (he offered to help me).

Okay Ben, some +5day news.

Heat is a big factor in Orlando. I have a flex-a-lite and a 160 stat, but only one fan is operational at present (the ac switched one -- gotta track down the other's problem) -- but ECT has never broken 212. Under boost (only 5psi) I see some IATs close to 200 and some EGTs that peg my 1600 degree pyrometer. Of course, my tuning ain't even close to finished, but these temps are pretty out there. STS is sending me the bigger K&N from the camaro kit, and they are looking into the 1600+ EGTs under 5psi.

If I were you, I'd call 'em and make sure your 777 engine comes with a huge K&N rather than the little one. Then, I'd drive down to Orlando with my wideband and help Erik tune his truck :jester:

some spd vs boost vs iat vs egt vs ect:

idle : 0 : 110-120 : 8-900 : 170-190

slow : 5psi : 165 : 14-1500 : 210

40 : 5psi : towards 200 : 1600+ : 212

60 : 3psi : 165-180 : 1600+ : 210

70 : 0psi : 123 : 1300 : 197

I know tuning will help this, but even considering the bad tuning, Dave was shocked about the 1600+ EGT and the close to 200 IAT, given the ECTs

Archived