STS Turbo - On my truck!

Thanks for the report Erik.

It is looking like it may be a while before I get mine on. Not for any other reason than my motor being ready too late. Very possible that I may not get it in time to get it in (motor again) and get it running and headed to KS. Doesn't mean I won't show up, just means that it won't be in my truck.

Truck, or no truck, I plan to start heading to KS Thursday afternoon.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the report Erik.

It is looking like it may be a while before I get mine on. Not for any other reason than my motor being ready too late. Very possible that I may not get it in time to get it in (motor again) and get it running and headed to KS. Doesn't mean I won't show up, just means that it won't be in my truck.

Truck, or no truck, I plan to start heading to KS Thursday afternoon.

that's what i want to hear. if i can make it i'd hope you can. :thumbs:

Well, from what I hear, my turbo showed up. It will be a while before it gets put on. After KS, I'm home one day, then gone again for two weeks :( Navy stuff.

So, after I get my motor in, maybe I can attempt to strap on that turbo. Looking forward to it. :thumbs:

Well, from what I hear, my turbo showed up. It will be a while before it gets put on. After KS, I'm home one day, then gone again for two weeks :( Navy stuff.

So, after I get my motor in, maybe I can attempt to strap on that turbo. Looking forward to it. :thumbs:

Damn Navy!! Don't they realize you have a turbo???

I hope its just a small cruise or training, Ben.

Damn Navy!! Don't they realize you have a turbo???

I hope its just a small cruise or training, Ben.

They don't exactly lend the sympathetic ear to such menial things.

Just going to Augusta, GA for a couple of days, then off to Norfolk, VA for just over a week. Taking some leave in VA, so not all the Navy's fault.

Look what came in the day I left. My plan is to get my motor in and running right. Break it in, change the oil, then strap on the STS. So counting the two weeks of travel I will be on starting tomorrow, it will be at least a month before it leaves it's box again. I am patient. :rolleyes:

103_0347.JPG

Look what came in the day I left. My plan is to get my motor in and running right. Break it in, change the oil, then strap on the STS. So counting the two weeks of travel I will be on starting tomorrow, it will be at least a month before it leaves it's box again. I am patient. :rolleyes:

103_0347.JPG

did bosco inspect the parts for you?

Yea that turbo sounds good and it doesn't attract every cop within 3 miles like my set up does now. The radix, corsa and supermax header combo is not loud in the cab but it'll register on the ricther scale outside.

Don't get me wrong I like the way my truck sounds, I just like the stealth of the turbo a little more. With my truck they know your coming before you get there with the turbo it's, wow! what was that, as it blows past ya.

If I was making a choice now it would be a harder decesion on which way to go. I think Ben is gonna have the truck to beat when he's finished.

Looks great Ben. :thumbs: How much have you spent on this hp quest, though?

Lee, I actually came out ahead by selling the Radix and Headers then getting the STS kit. Not by much, but still a little. I lost a little in selling them, but what can you expect after nearly a year's worth of use?

I did have to spend a few hundred extra for fuel pumps and re-grind of the cam. Nothing major though.

did bosco inspect the parts for you?

Funny you should mention that......The kit comes in a box about 6ft long, or so. He jumped in it as soon as I opened it. Started ducking his head down under the box flaps like he was waiting to pounce on something or someone.

Archived