1500$ to play with on my new SS. Ideas ?

IBCNYA

I have about 1500$ that I can play around with right now. I would like the best bang for the buck where this $ is concerned. I have already done some exterior mods so far but would like to get some more HP. Where should I be focusing this cash first to pick up the extra HP? I talked to Lee earlier about his SC mod. Thats my plan but not until next summer. I could do it now but that would really dent the bank account.

Thoughts? I just need a short list. 1500$ isnt much money to spend on mods as far as I can tell by reading what some of you have done.

This is still a stock 04/SS nothing has been done under the hood. YET :thumbs:

Thanks

Cold Air Intake $300.00, Exhaust $175-up depending upun muffler only or full cat back and PCMFORLESS tune $250 and you will still have $750.00 for the extra gas you will burn nailing it all the time after you do these mods. Maybe spend the rest to upgrade your trans.

• 2 weeks later...
i agree, stall converter with shift kit and servo's with programming.

Im going w/ the shift kit and billet servos. I talked to my good family friend who owns AAA Transmission and Alaska Gear here in town and he has the right idea. We agreed it was fine for those people in nice areas (sunny highways) to run the stall but for folks like us (he has a red 04 SS) the stall was not right for Alaska winters. He said I would be hating it in the winter time. I tend to agree.

Archived