In-progress 408ci Stroker pics

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for that? If your getting a deal on it, how much would one expect to pay for what you are getting without the hookup?

Late- Alex

Hey BenKey,

Did you end up going with the 9:1 CR?

Yes, actually comes out to about a 9.1:1.

So am I going to see that thing in the trauck this weekend? I hope so looks like it is coming along very nicely. Should really fly with the STS.

The probabilty is unlikely, seeing as how I still don't have my motor. But not in the realm of impossibilty, yet. Quicker answer - maybe.

Ben

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for that? If your getting a deal on it, how much would one expect to pay for what you are getting without the hookup?

Late- Alex

Just the motor? I had to get a new block - so scratch the $685 cost for that. A Callies rotating assy cost around $3400 alone. That includes cost of balancing. Machine work will run about $2-400. Then the cost to build - I would say $500-$1000. I didn't pay these exact amounts, but close.

Thought some of you may like this.  My motor in it's current state, as of yesterday.  The builder sent me these.

Brand new block

408-1.jpg

Top view - bottom end together

Why are all the pistons "off"? Or did you pay only 1/2? :D:jester::jester::D

Hope you make it in time for the meeting.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update - I've gotten numerous questions.

'04 blocks (what I have now) are not the same as '03. At least in the way of head bolts. If anyone has ever seen a normal head bolt, they are extremely long. The '04 ones are about 3" shorter. '03 ones were ordered for me since in the beginning I was using my original block. This was not realized until Monday evening when my heads were about to be bolted on. Since I am going with ARP head studs, they had to be ordered (ARP is in CA) - so at the earliest, my motor may be finished late Friday.

Good thing I have a 3rd vehicle.

Archived