Hypertech Max Energy Programmer Need Help Plz

theuser420

Hate to say it, but you're probably not gonna get much of a response regarding your post for help due to the fact that most everyone in here has gone with a custom tune from one of the vendors on the site. I had a Super Chips programmer I used on my truck for a while and I found that the results were not impressive at all. After I got my Black Bear tune, I was kicking myself for not going with a custom sooner! For the time that I ran the hand-held, I ended up running the hottest tune with the trans settings set to the "stock" settings. Anything higher and the tranny banged shifts at part-throttle around-town driving. It was embarrasing to drive around with the SC tune in with anyone else in the truck because the trans would bang part-throttle shifts and people would give me that look like "Is your trans messed up?". Over time, even the "stock" setting would learn its way into this rough shifting behaviour.:dunno:

Hopefully someone will jump in with some advice for you besides "dump the handheld and get a custom" response.

Hate to say it, but you're probably not gonna get much of a response regarding your post for help due to the fact that most everyone in here has gone with a custom tune from one of the vendors on the site. I had a Super Chips programmer I used on my truck for a while and I found that the results were not impressive at all. After I got my Black Bear tune, I was kicking myself for not going with a custom sooner! For the time that I ran the hand-held, I ended up running the hottest tune with the trans settings set to the "stock" settings. Anything higher and the tranny banged shifts at part-throttle around-town driving. It was embarrasing to drive around with the SC tune in with anyone else in the truck because the trans would bang part-throttle shifts and people would give me that look like "Is your trans messed up?". Over time, even the "stock" setting would learn its way into this rough shifting behaviour.:dunno:

Hopefully someone will jump in with some advice for you besides "dump the handheld and get a custom" response.

thanks for the help bud ill keep that in mind i just wanted some quick power till i save up for the nice performance upgrades then i can get a custom tune

thanks for the help bud ill keep that in mind i just wanted some quick power till i save up for the nice performance upgrades then i can get a custom tune

Hate to say it also but Im sure you spent more money on that hypertech than you would have spent on a custom tune. The best thing you can do is ditch that hypertech id sell it on ebay because I dont think youll be able to get anyone to buy it on any of the chevy forums. I dont want to sound like an idiot but the best part about these forums are to find out tons of great info before you go out and by something thats a waste of money you might have purchased the hypertech before you became a member here and if thats then case then its understandable. But alot of those handheld progammars are just gimics and dont really do anything and in some cases can do more harm tha good to your truck. Im a big believer of doing everything the right way the first time like for example if you cant afford it right away then save your money for the best stuff dont try to find quick power. If I were you I would sell that hypertech on ebay and do a muffler swap, an intake, and a good tune from someone like black bear Wheatley, nelson performance, and theres tons more out there and usually they will be way cheaper than any hand held programmer and night and day better than any hand held programmer and also the tunes are made by professional tuners who know these trucks inside and out and know what they need and where they need it. I also dont have tons of money to dump into my truck so I just do it in steps and do plenty of research and ask tons of questions before I buy stuff and there are tons of guys on here who are more than willing to help! The biggest advise I can give you is to not cut corners and to do it right the first time. Power isnt cheap but done right youll have a fun truck! And again I dont want to sound like im insulting you! Just trying to help! So I hope this helps!

• 4 months later...

similar story just with the hypretec hyperpac was a peice of junk all its did was burn my clutches up so i took it upon myself to swap out trannys and convert to the 4l80e stage2 have yet to test it out though someone did a hit and run on my truck and body shops been backed up for the last 6 weeks

I have to agree with SilveradoEsEs, I posted a thread asking which way to go Custom tune Vs. Handheld programmer and everyone replied recommending the custom tune. Wheatley is a good deal and you get free lifetime updates as you install upgrades on your truck. Good luck but I would also recommend selling the programmer.

hello guys i just received my programmer i installed it but theres a couple of options on there like shift firmness and shift points anyone with the same programmer that dont mind sharing what they put into there programmer

thanks in advance