Anyone With Straight Pipes?

Dave04SS

Anyone on here with straight pipes with an X-pipe after stock cats? Im thinking of ditching my flowmaster 50 series big block muffler for some straights with an X pipe to take the edge off (or so im told an xpipe will quiet it down some). I looked all over youtube trying to find sound/vid clips of a similar setup to no avail. any opinions or help would be appreciated.

Anyone on here with straight pipes with an X-pipe after stock cats? Im thinking of ditching my flowmaster 50 series big block muffler for some straights with an X pipe to take the edge off (or so im told an xpipe will quiet it down some). I looked all over youtube trying to find sound/vid clips of a similar setup to no avail. any opinions or help would be appreciated.

Be Careful, All it takes is one Cop to hear your truck and think: "hmm that kind sound loud" and next thing you know you have a nice fine to pay. The people at the muffler shop where i got my exhaust tried to convince me to do straight pipes and and x pipe, but i went with Glasspacks instead.

FYI: the last time i got pulled over the officer looked under my truck to make sure I had mufflers

i would run a short magnaflow race mufflers, cus if you ever decide to do lt's it wont sound good, personally i dotn like striaght pipes, if you want loud just put in some cutouts and your choice of muffler for cruising around when you dont want to be loud. just my opinion

Be Careful, All it takes is one Cop to hear your truck and think: "hmm that kind sound loud" and next thing you know you have a nice fine to pay. The people at the muffler shop where i got my exhaust tried to convince me to do straight pipes and and x pipe, but i went with Glasspacks instead.

FYI: the last time i got pulled over the officer looked under my truck to make sure I had mufflers

WTF that's crazy that the cop would do. Never seen that done before but they mess with the hondas over here I got my hood poped and all my vins ran in my work car so I guess the just get board

where tha hell do yall live? Cops pull u over for ur truck 2 loud. damn thats sucks. Do the cops sit around with DB readers. see i have straight pipes on my ss. I say go fo tha straigtht pipes. dont worry about the PIGS!!

hey do you have a sound clip/vid of your setup?

WTF that's crazy that the cop would do. Never seen that done before but they mess with the hondas over here I got my hood poped and all my vins ran in my work car so I guess the just get board

Never happened to me but it did happen to a friend, he got out of a ticket because he was actually on the way to a muffler shop to buy something, he was installing his own muffler and had to run an errand and got pulled over, and he just had a straight 6 in his old ford pickup.

The cops where I live dont really have much else to do. I had a friend get a ticket for not having a front license plate for one day

• 1 month later...

so no one has a vid or sound clip of a dual 3" straight pipes setup with an x pipe? btw i have like 2 cops in my town and who gives a shit what they think. lol

Sounds like you live in a small town if you only have 2 cops. Who gives a shit what they think? You will! When the old lady down the street gets all of her old friends together at the senior citizen club and makes a complaint to the cops about you. Trust me you don't want about bunch of blue hair womem pissed off at you. Put you a muffler on it. Besides the only thing your going to gain out it a loud noise.