Vegas Question Or Any Cop Could Answer 2

mando28

Red is ok for the rear only. White is for the front only with the exception of white for the reverse lights and license plate lights. Amber is ok for fog lights (not acting as headlights) and turn signals. No other colors are allowed. Running red to the front is illegal due to people expecting to see red only on the rear of a vehicle, so you potentially could get pulled over. Check with your local codes through google.

Go here http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-484.html which provides Nevada's traffic statutes.

look at NRS 484.545 through 484.591 for lighting requirements. NRS = Nevada Revised Statutes.

Feel free to hit me up for any more questions. I work out of Montana but most laws are the same if not very similar.

Red is ok for the rear only. White is for the front only with the exception of white for the reverse lights and license plate lights. Amber is ok for fog lights (not acting as headlights) and turn signals. No other colors are allowed. Running red to the front is illegal due to people expecting to see red only on the rear of a vehicle, so you potentially could get pulled over. Check with your local codes through google.

Go here http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-484.html which provides Nevada's traffic statutes.

Thnx I don't need any more tickets lol

look at NRS 484.545 through 484.591 for lighting requirements. NRS = Nevada Revised Statutes.

Feel free to hit me up for any more questions. I work out of Montana but most laws are the same if not very similar.

Thnx

I have been running red day time runners for over a year now and have been pulled over two times for it . Cop informed me that it wasn't legal and they should be taken out but they didn't give me a ticket or fix it ticket for it.

Yea i was just thinking i would say I didn't know

And I think I got the idea from u lol

I like the way it looks it makes it look evil

You cannot have forward-facing red or blue lighting on any vehicle except fire/police/ambulance, it's illegal in all states. You are inviting them to pull you over, better have all your paperwork in order!

Mr. P. :)

You cannot have forward-facing red or blue lighting on any vehicle except fire/police/ambulance, it's illegal in all states. You are inviting them to pull you over, better have all your paperwork in order!

:withstupid: I have strobe lights in the front and rear of my truck, luckily the rear strobes are on the clear lense for the brake/reverse lights. I spoke to numerous cops both local and state and they said I would have no trouble as long they are not in use on the road, only if I am parked on the side of the road.

I have strobe lights in the front and rear of my truck, luckily the rear strobes are on the clear lense for the brake/reverse lights. I spoke to numerous cops both local and state and they said I would have no trouble as long they are not in use on the road, only if I am parked on the side of the road.

I know a lot of people that have strobes, illuminating license plate covers, various colored lights and so on and you are right, anyone can put almost anything they want on their vehicle but the second it is in use on a public roadway then they get stopped and the fines can be hefty. I just have talks with them and let them know where I stand. I respect their right to equip their vehicle as they see fit and they respect me enough not to run them on the road, the second the boundry is crossed then they can be fined and forced to have the equipment removed or have their registration revoked. As far as the red daytime running lights are concerned, I believe the initial question was about running them on the road legally and the answer is no. Can he have them? Sure, but in use on private property.

Edited by hi-line-ss (see edit history)

I talked to a cop here in Vegas and he told me I can have them as long as they are not flashing

I live in Vegas and had red in the front for about 6 months with no issues. I didn't like the color so I changed them to amber, still no issues. I think the new Tundras have yellow for runners don't they? I have never installed my front plate either, didn't want to put holes in my bumper. The cops in Vegas are pretty laxed, unless you are racing and get caught. I've also had my cutouts wide open at a light sitting next to them, but this is in Henderson, not sure about Metro.

Terry

Edited by 1 Fast SS (see edit history)