Flowmaster Swap

silverado777

I love the sound of Flowmasters, Love that hollow fart sound! I have super 44's on my 04 GTO with 1 3/4 long tubes, x-pipe, with 2 1/2" pipe. Sounds mean as hell and couldn't be happier. I have Corsa Sport on my wifes 04 Denali and it good for that because it doesn't have the drone on the highway. I don't like the raspy sound of the straight muffler compared to a chambered and i really don't think you loose any noitcable hp? Maybe a few but you would never feel the difference? Just my imput, i think you should choose the sound you like and go from there. Everybody have a different tasteand thank God for all those different choices! I'm trying to figure out what to do with my 03 1500 hd that has the 6.0 but i dont want it to be to loud? i'm stuck?

In your case with a stock 6.0 I'd go with a magnaflow. Do a longer muffler and it wont be so loud.

I've always been a believer that straight through exhaust is really meant for Turbo or supercharger applications. But like I said we will. Ill order the magnaflow. Just debating on

I run two 14'' bodied mufflers on my ss and my hoe and love them great sound and have free'd up some power with them i went with 2 mufflers instead of one because its just as loud outside but doesnt onnoy the shit out ofme in the cab cuts down on resonance you can see the mufflers in this pic

post-19130-096493800 1294908455_thumb.jpg

I run two 14'' bodied mufflers on my ss and my hoe and love them great sound and have free'd up some power with them i went with 2 mufflers instead of one because its just as loud outside but doesnt onnoy the shit out ofme in the cab cuts down on resonance you can see the mufflers in this pic

That looks really good. I'll have to check with my local shop to see how much they would charge me to weld up true duals like that. Do you have high flow cats?

I used to be a flowmaster man. Got tired of the piss poor bottom end i had with them and the way they sounded with the LT's. Went with a flowmonster thats basically the same thing as a magnaflow, bottom end is stronger than ever and the sound is so much deeper. Youll be very happy with a magnaflow.

• 2 weeks later...

sooo...since i am prcharged with a single 2 in 2 out flowmaster this is hurting my performance right. any idea on how much i mean will it be a noticeable gain.?

My motor is stock. No charger, turbo no nothing. The flowmaster killed my performance. Just like Z88 SD. I use to be a flowmaster man, but that was the past and now I have Flowmonsters. Love the performance and sound. Think of a flowmaster as a maze, it's chambered. Now your exhaust has to fight to get thru it. If you were in a race against time and you were given 2 choices of running thru a maze or thru a straight shot which one would you choose.

My motor is stock. No charger, turbo no nothing. The flowmaster killed my performance. Just like Z88 SD. I use to be a flowmaster man, but that was the past and now I have Flowmonsters. Love the performance and sound. Think of a flowmaster as a maze, it's chambered. Now your exhaust has to fight to get thru it. If you were in a race against time and you were given 2 choices of running thru a maze or thru a straight shot which one would you choose.

Well put, and a +1 for flowmonsters good design, quality and sound cheers.gif

Well put, and a +1 for flowmonsters good design, quality and sound cheers.gif

Any one have a sound clip of these? What about borla? I really dont like the raspy sound . would these have that old Ford truck sound??lol

x2 Ihave flowmonster and love the sound.

Any one have a sound clip of these? What about borla? I really dont like the raspy sound . would these have that old Ford truck sound??lol

http://s899.photobucket.com/albums/ac200/0...sterexhaust.flv

Here's my SS and my friends Titan with flowmonsters. The Titan has the dual in/out like the one people on here have bought and mine has 2 straight thru mufflers on it.

Also this guy had a flowmaster on his Titan before the flowmonster and even he could tell a big difference in his trucks performance. When he left after the install we had him to drop the pedal. He left burning the piss out the back tires. Calls me back minutes later and told me his truck has never ran like that. Very pleased. Also no drown in the cab with this muffler.

Edited by Hawkman (see edit history)

http://s899.photobuc...sterexhaust.flv

Here's my SS and my friends Titan with flowmonsters. The Titan has the dual in/out like the one people on here have bought and mine has 2 straight thru mufflers on it.

Also this guy had a flowmaster on his Titan before the flowmonster and even he could tell a big difference in his trucks performance. When he left after the install we had him to drop the pedal. He left burning the piss out the back tires. Calls me back minutes later and told me his truck has never ran like that. Very pleased. Also no drown in the cab with this muffler.

clip does not work