Flowmaster Series 40 To Series 10

LOL thats funny when I bought my SS back in 05 I went over right away and had duel 40 flow masters on it and about 4 months ago I put on 2 10 series flow masters it is extremely loud when you get on it at times when I get on it taking off I get that old raspy hot rod sound it can be heard real good in the cab unless you crank the stereo. I have yet to add headers to it it will probably just make it a lot louder. I have them 45 degreed out behind the back tires. To me it feels as if I have more power with my 10s over the 40s. I live in a small town of less than 1000 people and a lot of people say you can here when Im going threw town but so far all I have got is complements from people on how bad ass and sweet it sounds. How ever if you have smog testing or anything like that you probably shouldn't get them right on the box in big letters it says off road use only. If you don't care and like extrema loud I say go for it I love mind and will be adding them to my dads TBSS in a few months.

Im thinking about swapping out my exhaust. I bought it with the dual 40s on it now im thinking on going with dual single chambers... Any inputs?

After my experience with flowmasters I wouldn't put them on my lawnmower. JMO Do what you like.

After my experience with flowmasters I wouldn't put them on my lawnmower. JMO Do what you like.

Flows are for older vehicles. Ive always had them but will never have one on a GEN III equipped vehicle. I wish i would have listend to everyone sooner.

Flows are for older vehicles. Ive always had them but will never have one on a GEN III equipped vehicle. I wish i would have listend to everyone sooner.

I totally agree. I didn't want to sound like a A-hole but I want put one on a SS. I used to run them on some other vehicles a long time ago and sounded good to me but when I cut the stock exhaust off my SS and stuck the flowmaster on it I knew I just screwed up. It was very different when I pulled out of the parking lot. Don't know much about the VHO but for a SS heck no.

I totally agree. I didn't want to sound like a A-hole but I want put one on a SS. I used to run them on some other vehicles a long time ago and sounded good to me but when I cut the stock exhaust off my SS and stuck the flowmaster on it I knew I just screwed up. It was very different when I pulled out of the parking lot. Don't know much about the VHO but for a SS heck no.

It would be the same. But its like every thing else its all personal prefrences but i say no to flows. I liked the way they sounded on my denali till i put the LT's on.

Edited by Z88 SD (see edit history)

My vote is yes for the flows if you really dig the old school sound they have. My mufflers (70 series) have built in resonators which cuts down the drone. To be honest, they still suffer from a little drone around 1800rpm though. It doesn't bother me because I rarely drive in that range and it isn't terrible. I bet the 40 series or especially the 10 series would be awful though.

Another thing, I do have long tubes and cats. If it didn't have cats, it would definitely be too loud. Possibly, two additional mufflers may work if you don't have cats, but I'm not sure.

Lastly, mine were made in stainless so rusting out is not an issue. You have to make a special request to flowmaster for them in stainless though. They can make most of their popular models in stainless for the additional cost of the materials only.

Good luck with your decision.

http://www.silverado...exhaust-system/

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

LOL thats funny when I bought my SS back in 05 I went over right away and had duel 40 flow masters on it and about 4 months ago I put on 2 10 series flow masters it is extremely loud when you get on it at times when I get on it taking off I get that old raspy hot rod sound it can be heard real good in the cab unless you crank the stereo. I have yet to add headers to it it will probably just make it a lot louder. I have them 45 degreed out behind the back tires. To me it feels as if I have more power with my 10s over the 40s. I live in a small town of less than 1000 people and a lot of people say you can here when Im going threw town but so far all I have got is complements from people on how bad ass and sweet it sounds. How ever if you have smog testing or anything like that you probably shouldn't get them right on the box in big letters it says off road use only. If you don't care and like extrema loud I say go for it I love mind and will be adding them to my dads TBSS in a few months.

Do you have a clip of your exhaust with the dual 10 series?