How Much Do You Like Your Ss?

paulguy

I Freaking love my SS.

Had it for 6 years this Feb. Still runs like a top.

Had 18,000k(10,000 miles) when I got it, has 150.000k(95,000miles?) now.

Repairs so far

• 2 Heater Control Modules (I run my heater on high to long I guess, it gets cold here)
  • 2 Front hubs (wear and tear)
  • 4 brake pads (wear and tear)
  • 4 Tires (wear and tear)
  • 2 Cats (Too much seafoam? I just gutted them)
  • 1 Heated seat element burned a trace, I re-connected it, still works
  • The carrier bearing in the front diff backed off but that was fixed under warranty.

We got a whole bunch of snow this last week... everyone was just whining about it...pussies.

Not me, I find excuses to drive places...I freakin love it.

I bought some used 17's off a 07 chev and this truck hooks up so good, as long as it doesn't kick down, it'll grab traction.

I pass so many cars on a drive it's like everyone's just sitting still, but my SS handles like a dream and I'm totally comfortable and in complete control.

I wish I didn't have to drive my SS in the winter... but it's just to good not to.

Hopefully I'll be able to afford some more upgrades now that it's paid off, cause I have no plans on getting rid of her, I'll keep it for a few more years yet.

I still get compliments all the time and I should...It's a sweet truck.

It's getting pretty rusty underneath from the winter salt, so maybe a frame off is in the near future.

I sure do love my truck. I love my truck so much dont think its even possible to love a truck that much. so thats a lot of truck love, but i am still in love with it after 3 years.

only issues so far was the water pump and that was a 1hr job, and my cats came apart so i just deleted them,

my new problem is my dagnabit exhaust keeps getting leaks in it

Approaching 3 years in April.

It's a cool truck but it would/should be gone by now

I'd be in a supercharged SRT8 Cherokee or Challenger ..... if I hadn't lost my old job in '09

being a statistic sucks

Underemployment has put a damper on my car habit.

A good thing in a way because I had a run of buying/modding/trading/selling too many cars over too few years.

Edited by gumbo (see edit history)

That's awesome man!!!! I would love to polish on mine all of the time and never expose it to a drop of rain, but that isn't practical since it's my daily driver. Add to it, that I live in Michigan and it's gets exposed to some pretty harsh weather. That said, it kicks arse!!!! Just like you said, it goes like hell in everything and is very controllable.

I try to keep mine clean and it's staying pretty clean overall. Not much rust on the frame or anything at this point (3 winters). Body looks great still.

I've done a trans, t-case, brakes and tires.

I have 83,000 on mine. Only a cat replacement under warranty.

I love this truck and all my other Chevys. I have every available factory option except block heater and a few dealer options.

I guess I'll keep her for a while as i have done with all my other Chevys.

It is a love hate relationship.

When everything is working, the truck is a DREAM and i LOVE it. just drove 1500 miles and going back home in a week, and it was a great trip!

however, that is rare....

at 110,500 miles now:

on 3rd transmission (1st stocker laster until 80K, then performabuilt lasted almost exactly 2 years and 30K but blew b/c of bad pump, and now just installed the rebuilt 2 weeks ago)

both front hubs at 70K but looking like i will need again with in 5-6K

washer fluid pump just blew at 110K

EVAP vent valve solenoid at 99K

exhaust manifolds cracked and studs heads blew off, replaced with long tube headers at 100K

Cats went bad at 100K, did cat delete with retune from wheaty

Both front seat heater elements went in fall of 2009 at (guessing) 95K

Starter at 105K (solenoid)

1 coil at 105K

powder coat peeling on wheels causes leaks on seal of tire, had to remove tires, clean, and reinstall tires. Lucky for me I was able to do at work. 104K

Transmission mount went bad at 99K

Oil leaking rear main seal, replaced when trans was out for third time, was very minor

02 sensor at 85K

PS I am definitely forgetting things, not including aftermarket parts failures like mufflers or HID kits......

currently needs washer fluid pump, detail job, 4 tires, u-joints, front speakers, and shocks. All will be done in spring

edit: forgot the rear windows make some noise, the climate control acts odd once in blue moon, and the blower motor makes too much noise on rare occasions.

Do oil change with valvoline or Mobile 1 every 3K-3.5K

Follow all recommended maintenance and then some....

Edited by 67speeda (see edit history)

I think it is obvious how much I love mine, she is definitely my pride and joy, and I plan on taking her to the grave. She has 55k on the clock, and June will mark 5 years of ownership, and still puts a smile on my face whenever i'm in the driver's seat. As someone else stated, it has been a love and hate relationship with this truck with the amount of money I put into it.......

I have replaced.....

-water pump(warranty)

-steering shaft(warranty)

-blower resistor

-oil cooler lines

-lower radiator hose(warranty)

-both front calipers

-rear main seal(warranty)

-rear differential

-2 transmissions

-sunroof arms cracked(still inop.)

-EVAP vent solenoid valve