As Our Trucks Age....

ssspringer

After reading the Muddin' SSS thread,i gotta wonder,as our trucks get older and change owners and depreciate even more,what's gonna happen to this site and our trucks in general?

I envy the guys who don't used them as a daily driver. Most of us agree that the future value may not be so great.

I wanna hold on to mine and keep it in as good of shape as i can,but she's my daily,and i keep her clean and well taken care of.

So,what do you think the future holds for these nice trucks,they are just trucks after all......... :chevrolet:

It honestly depends on the owner and the love they have for their truck. I am easily at the point where I have put more money into my truck then it is actually worth. However, regardless of what blue book is on my truck to me it is priceless. I have 110K on mine and it's my DD. I love it to death and wouldn't sell it for the world. And once I get enough $ I plan on a complete engine rebuild and new built trans. Then it will have 0 miles. Weather it has 0 miles or 300K miles, its still my baby and isn't going anywhere!:chevy:

It honestly depends on the owner and the love they have for their truck. I am easily at the point where I have put more money into my truck then it is actually worth. However, regardless of what blue book is on my truck to me it is priceless. I have 110K on mine and it's my DD. I love it to death and wouldn't sell it for the world. And once I get enough $ I plan on a complete engine rebuild and new built trans. Then it will have 0 miles. Weather it has 0 miles or 300K miles, its still my baby and isn't going anywhere!:chevy:

Well said.

:thumbs:

Well said.

:thumbs:

:withstupid::thumbs::chevy:

Well a few years back i almost gave up on mine. tried selling it twice but i just had a tons of tire kickers. So i ended up keeping it. At this point how things look i will never sell it. i even joke with my wife that im going to sell it and she tells me no way in hell. She says we have way to much money into and its not going anywhere. I have even tossed around the idea of buying another SS for a DD. with mine having 53K on the clock id like to keep it as my weekend toy. I only put 800 miles on her last year. which im fine with dont get me wrong i love driving her but i dont want to rack up miles. so she will always be with me and mostly sit in the garage.

Mine is a DD with 140,000. I plan on driving it until it dies. In the meen time I am taking as much care as possible. The paint it is excellent condition and looks better then most black vehicle on the road with 10,000 miles. However, the plastic cladding seems to take a beating as well as the front bumper. I plan on repainting those peices this summer. I am also going to have some leather work done to keep the interior looking like new. My truck means the world to me and will do anything to keep her on the road.

My truck is my DD, I love it and try as hard as i can to keep it clean and nice, but it still is a truck after all. I have to take it on dirt roads and drive it through the rain and snow, and use the bed to hall junk to the dump (sometimes). I also try not to put a ton of miles on it and get it dirty. I drive my girlfriend and my Tahoe as much as possible and I also have access to my Grandpas 77 Chevy any time I want, I would rather take those down dirt roads when I have too.

I plan on keeping my truck for a long time. I have little over a year left and its mine free and clear. I then hope to park it, repaint it and re-upholster the seats and some of the interior, and I plan on trying to find another pickup to drive all the time, where I wont be worried about getting muddy or putting miles on it.

As far as this site goes, there are always going to be Silverado SS enthusiasts, and there are going to be no-enthusiasts on this site (ie. muddin SS's) that's just the way it is, and its the same on all sites. Us "Enthusiasts" just need to stick together and this site and our trucks will be around for a long time. Not all SS owners are enthusiasts, for example the town I live in is only has a population of 50k and there are 5 SS's running around, and I am the only member of this site and the only real "SS enthusiast." Many SS owners dont feel that there SS is that special of a thing, to them its just a pickup that happens to have a more powerful engine and is (mostly) fully loaded.

IMO its the people like us, the "Enthusiasts" that make our trucks so Special, and there are always going to be Silverado SS Enthusiasts! Right now there is some kid in Jr. High School with a Silverado SS picture on there wall, and one day that kid is going to buy one, and its going to be his baby, and he will be an SS Enthusiast for life.

40 years ago during the heyday of Muscle Cars lots of people owned Camaros, Chevelles, Impalas, Mustangs, GTO's etc...., but not all of those people where enthusiasts, to many people they were just cars that got them from place to place. Now a few people were enthusiasts and they held on to there muscle cars, and now Everyone wants a Muscle Car!! If everyone at that time was a muscle car enthusiast and kept there muscle cars, In my opinion they would not be that special today, because there would be millions of them running on the road, but instead they are rare and highly prized. As an example my dad has a 1969 chevelle malibu that the bought brand new the day he turned 16 and he still has it. He always felt that his Chevelle would be a collectors item one day, but im sure there were many people that thought he was crazy. Now we go to car shows and tons of people come up and say "man i had a chevelle just like this, and I wish i would have kept it" and they are shocked that my dad is the original owner.

Now i dont know if its really fare to compare a 1969 Chevelle Malibu to a 2005 Silverado SS, but you never know. As our trucks age and depreciate they are going to be sold off, Wrecked and scrapped, but as long as there are "SS Enthusiast" out their, there will always be Silverado SS's running around. Maybe one day, 20,30,40 years from now, some one will come up to me and my SS at a show and say: "Man I Had and SS like this once, I wish i would have kept it, It was my favorite truck!"

• 2 months later...

:cheers: right on couldnt of said it any better, cept my babys got 204000 miles on it haha but she in awsome shape :D

I drive my girlfriend and my Tahoe as much as possible

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif LOL i drive my gf as much as possible also, but not in public.....

My truck will be paid off in a few months and after that she's all mine and i'm never getting rid of her, the gf and I talk about it all the time and she always jokes and says when we have kids and they get older they are going to tease me for having such a prehistoric truck. She might be old at that point but she'll still be around!!!!