What Dose Everyone Do For A Living?

Ruben525

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment I am un employed after finishing school and not getting re-hired on at Lowe's where I've been for the last 3 1/2 years.. Getting close though..

I love lowes!!! Lol whenever I need something for the house that where I go

HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS. worked a coulpe years part time but know im full time, i do ALMOST eveything. customer servise, cashier, warehouse, carry ins and outs. and other little B.S.I thought working at a tool store would be cool but it is really stresfull, specially with the hours being cut.good thing is im ALMOST done with school

I retired from American Airlines as a systems analyst back in 2004. Have had various jobs like walmart , atwoods and lowes. Working different shifts and weekends and all the stuff you have to put up with, I quit them all. Working now with enterprise driving the cars to and from different branches. Good job and easy just no money.

When you are a senior citizen the money is just not out there. I feel sorry for anybody who works at those places I mentioned. The low pay and the different hours and days off changing takes a special person to put up with all that.

Have worked in Foodservice Industry since HS in 1983 - never fast food, real food!

I was drawn to food in High School when I worked in a popular family restaurant in Niantic, CT

Wound up going to Johnson and Wales for an AOS in culinary and later returned for BA in Teaching Secondary level foodservice.

As a young chef I traveled extensively in Europe, Caribbean and US with my knife kit.

Cooked aboard charter and private sailing yachts up to 156' long

Recently spent 3.5 years as a full time private chef for a Wall Street Big Dog - Mr. Private Jet - Falcon 2000, Private Limo etc.

I had no budget for anything - it was amazing, I built MY dream kitchens in his NYC palatial apt. and CT weekend estate

The one thing I learned is money can't buy you love!

Now I'm teaching the future chef's of CT at Lincoln Tech/Culinary and longing for a new career. 1zhelp.gif

Anything but food....

I am an installer for company called media mation where we do very bizarre custom automation stuff like 5D movie theaters. custom fountain shows and a bunch of other random control systems. Its difficult for me to explain what all we do in a sentence so I copied the about us paragraph from the website, lol

"MediaMation, Inc. is an entertainment systems integrator providing creative solutions for complex interactive shows, attractions, rides, exhibits, interactive virtual fountain shows and 4D theater environments, worldwide. Theme parks, museums, themed environments, interactive exhibits, motion pictures and entertainment retail venues rely on MediaMation, Inc.’s creative ingenuity to design, implement and install interactive attraction technologies."

http://mediamat.com/

Its a pretty fun job, doesn't pay the greatest, but I do get to travel across the world and there is something different everyday so you'll never get board!!!

I am an electronics technician that repairs and refurbishes barcode scanners, touchscreen terminals, printers, and other inventory control items. I also recently opened with a partner a video game store that buys and sells current and old gaming stuff as well as repairs all current consoles and handhelds.

Edited by BlackSSS (see edit history)