Anybody Else A Die-Hard "Chevy" Guy?

paulguy

91 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a chevy guy like me?...or

• Won't even consider anything else not GM
    • Prefer Chevy but would look at other brands
    • Like Chevy and another brand
    • Don't really care
    • Don't like chev's (I sure hope no one checks this!)

I'm a true die-hard. I've owned a ford once, and two dodges... but that was almost 25 years ago. I`ve had over 20 vehicles since then, all GM.

I will NOT even consider anything else, I might not always own a Chevrolet, but it will be a GM.

The old lady isn't allowed not to own a Chevy, If I had kids they would be dis-owned if they strayed.

If I ever got famous, I would turn down offers to advertise for other manufactures, and I`d tell GM that I would do it for free.

Even if I won a billion dollars, I still wouldn't stray. I'd have 100 cars and trucks...all GM.

If I live to be 80 years old, I`ll be saying ``Nice flying car there sunny...F_cking Owner, Really Dumb...Your a Loser``

Am I the last of a dieing breed?

Or am I just a nutbar?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first new car was an 86 GTI I drove for 11+ years.It's funny how people change with age... remember everybody's different and nobody's perfect. Go easy on me

I lived and breathed VW for 15 or so years... had 4 in the driveway at one time.

The collection grew as the family arrived....

Kid hauler

Camper

Dedicated Track Car

HI RPM Street Racer

Swore by VW, have a grill badge cemented in my Front Steps and big logo in cement apron to garage...

Right now if I could park the SS in this crappy weather (and had the cash) I'd be in an older MkIV VW R32 as my winter-beater

Am I the last of a dieing breed?

Or am I just a nutbar?

There's plenty of you at every nascar race - (love camping trackside at big events)

You sound like me 10-15 years ago with VW - time and increased earnings (or a big settlement) *may* change you. I speak from first hand exp on both....

I am a GM fan but I would look at other brands (but not for trucks). I know im fairly young but I have owned 4 GM Vehicles and 1 Ford in my Life.

My First vehicle was a 1989 Ford F-250, it was given to me by my father, and the only reason he had a Ford was because he had a couple issues with the local chevy dealership at that time back in 89. I loved that truck and really wished i would have kept it, it was a great truck, but I would never buy a new ford.

I then bought a 2001 Silverado and then sold that and bought the SS, My Girlfriend and I bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 and just traded it in for an 03 Tahoe.

Once i pay off my SS i was thinking about keeping it and buying another truck, If I get a NBS truck I will get a GMC but if i get a the previous body style I will get a Chevy.

There are some non GM brands that I would buy such as BMW or Audi but you will never catch me in a Crysler product, Toyota or Newer Ford Truck. I have actually thought about buying a Late 80s early 90s Ford Bronco as a Huntin/Snow/4X4 rig.

My father is the same way he has owned almost all GM his whole life but he also has a BMW M3 as his play toy (he is thinking about selling it to buy a CTS-V :fingersx: ). My Grandfather has owned almost all GM his whole life too

Go :chevy:

I am 150% GM only.. Completely DIEHARD. I almost got into a fight with my wifes friends father because he was a Ford guy talking shit about my SS. Then i thought to myself he was comparing a 2010 mustang to my SS which he wanted to race me.. I just walked away. **** them idiots.

Myself, I have owned Ford's, Mercury's, Dodge....one of each. The whole time I wanted a chevrolet, but always came up on good deals on those. Now that im older, about all I will own is a GM product. I do like to look at other cars, but I dont get serious about buying unless it has that GM badge on it

WOO HOO! Let the flaming begin!

There's plenty of you at every nascar race - (love camping trackside at big events)

You sound like me 10-15 years ago with VW - time and increased earnings (or a big settlement) *may* change you. I speak from first hand exp on both....

I'll NEVER change.

You like VW? They're great... if you like German shizer cars built in Mexico. They are always at the bottom of all ratings for quality and dependability. They SUCK to work on. You like them why?

Now me being Canadian, I never been able to understand Americans not buying American cars, but maybe that's another topic. I'll leave it alone.

I am 150% GM only.. Completely DIEHARD. I almost got into a fight with my wifes friends father because he was a Ford guy talking shit about my SS. Then i thought to myself he was comparing a 2010 mustang to my SS which he wanted to race me.. I just walked away. **** them idiots.

That kinda makes you wanna buy a new camaro so you can race his rustang and kick his ass.

I know a few diehard Ford guys(Losers) and when we're in the same place you can feel the tension. Then someone will say start with a comment and then it's on!

WOO HOO! Let the flaming begin!

I'll NEVER change.

You like VW? They're great... if you like German shizer cars built in Mexico. They are always at the bottom of all ratings for quality and dependability. They SUCK to work on. You like them why?

You crazy Canuck - oh and it was 5 Veedubs total..... I like them because they used to have soul.

My 86 GTI was not built in Mexico.... it was built in the good old US, at Westmoreland, PA. It was agreat car for 11+ years - how many Chevy's have you driven for 11 years?

I hammered on that car, took it on the beach in TX, drove in into a swamp in Lousiana, made many trips overloaded from Nawlins to CT when in college..

Later in mid 90's as a new homeowner the GTI was my truck, hauling among other things, loads of concrete to the dump when I tore up a sidewalk...

That car was a gem.... I'd bet it's still running today.

Our 1993 Eurovan Westphalia "Weekender Package", 1991 Jetta GLI 16V and 1987 Quantum Wagon were all built in Germany but sold here... '

My full time track car - a 1976 Rabbit was also built in Germany. It was pro built with dry sump Bertills motor and on track I could pass V8 American Camaros in my GT class action.

Pull on a GT camaro down the straightaway.... I like them for that. 1600ish pounds and 200hp on slicks...

That GLI was morphed into Part time track monster, ported head, cammed, coilovers, spherical bearings in suspension and shock towers, sparco seats etc.

My wifes car actually and she drove it M-F to work and the mall. LOL

I tracked it and autoX'd it weekends. Another GREAT VW

Be nice to VW

I was thinking about posting that famous pic of hitler looking over a vw model...heehee.

Actually my '86 chevy shortbox runs great, had it for 18 years.

You crazy Canuck - oh and it was 5 Veedubs total..... I like them because they used to have soul.

My 86 GTI was not built in Mexico.... it was built in the good old US, at Westmoreland, PA. It was agreat car for 11+ years - how many Chevy's have you driven for 11 years?

I hammered on that car, took it on the beach in TX, drove in into a swamp in Lousiana, made many trips overloaded from Nawlins to CT when in college..

Later in mid 90's as a new homeowner the GTI was my truck, hauling among other things, loads of concrete to the dump when I tore up a sidewalk...

That car was a gem.... I'd bet it's still running today.

Our 1993 Eurovan Westphalia "Weekender Package", 1991 Jetta GLI 16V and 1987 Quantum Wagon were all built in Germany but sold here... '

My full time track car - a 1976 Rabbit was also built in Germany. It was pro built with dry sump Bertills motor and on track I could pass V8 American Camaros in my GT class action.

Pull on a GT camaro down the straightaway.... I like them for that. 1600ish pounds and 200hp on slicks...

That GLI was morphed into Part time track monster, ported head, cammed, coilovers, spherical bearings in suspension and shock towers, sparco seats etc.

My wifes car actually and she drove it M-F to work and the mall. LOL

I tracked it and autoX'd it weekends. Another GREAT VW

Be nice to VW