Anybody Else A Die-Hard "Chevy" Guy?

paulguy

91 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a chevy guy like me?...or

• Won't even consider anything else not GM
    • Prefer Chevy but would look at other brands
    • Like Chevy and another brand
    • Don't really care
    • Don't like chev's (I sure hope no one checks this!)

Im a pretty hard core GM guy out of the 4 vehicles i own 3 are GM. only one thats not is my wife Honda civic. I have been that way from day one and really dont know why. my parents really never cared about what brand of car they drove. At 14 i bought my first car it was a 1982 camaro still have it. that was 12 years ago. thats probably what started it. only other car i really will drive is a Honda for a DD cause of good gas milage.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

owned 2 fords: 1994 F150 and 06 taurus both did their jobs, but my fam had a neon that they had to replace the tranny 3 times in 3 months!! so never a dodge in my life time, no new fords for me except for the new turbo taurus. also owned an 02 acura rsx type s, loved that car but will not buy any truck other that gm.

I've owned one honda (liked it, first new car), one toyota (big mistake, traded the civic for my TuRdra) and the rest were GM.

1 Pontiac, 1 GMC, and 6 Chevy vehicles that my dad and I currently own. (to be honest, 1 of the Chevy trucks is a parts truck, the GMC is my halfway disassembled project that needs an engine and paint and the Pontiac was my first car which is probably next for drivetrain work and paint.)

Man, I think I need to sell some projects, lol.

As for the future, I could see myself buying another non-gm car, as a commuter car, but for trucks, I will always go GM.

Matter of fact, as soon as the SS is paid, I may be getting a turbo-4 powered commuter car. I'm still shopping, though.Chevy_anim.gif

Edited by TXblueSS (see edit history)

Get this, My dad has a perfectly mint 66 Mustang coupe 289 auto. He said he would will it to me. I told him no...I hate fords. So he's gonna give it to my brother when he's gone. He's not a car guy and doesn't even have a garage. He's gonna just trash it.

That's how much I'm a chevy guy.

Get this, My dad has a perfectly mint 66 Mustang coupe 289 auto. He said he would will it to me. I told him no...I hate fords. So he's gonna give it to my brother when he's gone. He's not a car guy and doesn't even have a garage. He's gonna just trash it.

That's how much I'm a chevy guy.

I couldn't do that, just because it was something of your fathers. On the flipside, my dad wouldn't have had a Ford to leave to me. :lol:

for me im the chevy guy and pretty much every friend of mine is a chevy guy . im known as chevy chase lol . my boss is a ford guy and we go at it all the time. i work on fords and always give him shit when i have a service call, on a ford. lol

ive owned only 5 cars in my life

2000 cehvy tahoe nbs

2004 silverado ss

1989 nissan hardbody- bought and sold to make money

2002 camaro SS

2008 silverado 3500

next car for me

1967-68 camaro

1963-66 nova/chevy II

2008 c6 z06 ( DD instead of the diesel)

but in reality the next car will be for the woman

2005/06 e55 amg ( low 12's stock , high 11's with a couple bolt ons)

2010 g8 ???( not anywhere near as fast but newer)

2008 tbss 2wd

i really want to get her the amg so i can play with it

Since we are on the topic of Die-Hard chevy guys, I was just talking to one of the VPs of the company I work for, I have known him basicly my whole life and he has owned a bunch of chevy/ GM vehicles. This is what he has right now

2001 RCLB Silverado 2500HD

2003 RCLB Silverado 2500HD

2004 CCSB SIlverado 2500HD Duramax

2003 Tahoe

1999 2 Door Tahoe

1986 K20 Blazer

2000 Z28 Camaro

1998 Cadillac STS

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee (his wife begged him for it)

He is also going to retire in 2 years and he is going to buy a Z06 Corvette. Talk about a Die-hard Chevy Guy

Hi there, I'm from outside US, I'm from Guatemala.

In my first years I was also a VW fan, they were pretty good cars and reliable.

Then came GM and since then it has been GM. I've had a 96 and a 98 (2 door) tahoe, a 98 silverado, a 2003 silverado, 96 Cavalier, 01 cavalier, all sold.

Now I have a 98 suburban, 2001 silverado 4X4, 03 SSS, 04 Silverado 4X2, 03 Avalanche, and a 76 suburban (it's under project). I'll post some pictures of them.

All I can tell these cars are trully good, you can notice all of them are V8's.

I can consider on buying a german turbo car, example Audi or VW 1.8T or 2.0T, they seem to be pretty good down here.

post-20179-039559500 1296862241_thumb.jpg

post-20179-090573100 1296862394_thumb.jpg

Edited by PedroCHEVY (see edit history)